Snickerdoodle Apple Cobbler
Sweet, tender baked apples with a crunchy Snickerdoodle cookie crumble topping - This Apple Cobbler is the perfect dessert for fall.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 8 servings
- 6 cups thinly sliced apples granny smith, honeycrisp or pink lady work best
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar + 2 tablespoons for topping
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sifted flour
- 3 tablespoon ground cinnamon divided
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pouch 1 lb. 1.5 oz Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 stick 1/2 cup softened butter (room temperature - not melted)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9" x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a stand mixer, combine softened butter, sugar cookie mix and 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon at medium speed just until combined and crumbly. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, brown sugar and 1/3 cup of granulated sugar. Gently toss the sliced apples in the flour mixture until completely coated.
Spread apples evenly in the prepared baking dish. Top with crumbled sugar cookie mixture, careful to crumble, not press, the dough.
Combine 2 tablespoons granulated sugar with 1 tablespoon cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over the top.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, or until top is completely golden brown and apples are bubbly.
Serve warm, cold or at room temperature, topped with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.