One Pan Chicken Cordon Bleu
One Pan Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta has tender chicken, ham and rotini pasta coated in a rich and creamy Swiss Cheese sauce with a crispy breadcrumb topping.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 5 people
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pound chicken breasts about 2 small breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup of diced cooked ham like from a ham steak
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked Rotini pasta or other small, dry pasta
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 ounces Swiss Cheese shredded, divided
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- Fresh minced parsley for garnish
Heat olive oil over medium heat in a 12-inch skillet or a 5-quart pot. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, then add the chicken. Saute for a couple of minutes just until browned, but not cooked through.
Add diced ham, pasta, water, salt and pepper, and garlic, onion and mustard powder. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Remove pan from heat (there will still be liquid in the pan) and add Swiss cheese, stirring until completely melted.
Combine breadcrumbs with 3 tablespoons melted butter and dried parsley. Top pasta with breadcrumb mixture and place under the broiler for about 3 minutes or until golden brown, careful not to let it burn.
Garnish with fresh minced parsley. Serve immediately.
Calories: 483kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 127mg | Sodium: 632mg | Potassium: 556mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 523IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 331mg | Iron: 1mg