One Pot Pizza Pasta
One Pot Meals – Pizza Pasta
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 4 -6 servings
- 5 ounce package pepperoni
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green peppers diced, seeds removed
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 10 ounces jar pizza sauce + 1 jar-ful of water
- 2 ounces canned tomato paste
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3 cups small dry pasta like penne, wheels, macaroni
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
In a 5 quart pot, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add onions and peppers and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute about 1 minute, or until fragrant.
Add Italian sausage and pepperoni and cook until sausage is no longer pink.
Add pasta, beef broth, tomato paste, pizza sauce, water and seasonings. Stir and bring to a boil.
Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring at least once, .
Remove from heat and stir in mozzarella cheese, reserving 1/4 cup for sprinkling on the top. Replace the cover and let sit for five minutes. Garnish with diced green peppers and shredded Parmesan, if desired.