One Pot Pizza Pasta is full of pasta, cheese, pizza sauce and topping, to create a one pot meal that your whole family will love. It’s ready in 30 minutes, and is a nice change for pizza night!
My family loves pizza, so when I was brainstorming a new recipe to add to my one pot meals collection, this One Pot Pizza Pasta is what came to mind. This easy recipe takes our favorite pizza toppings – pepperoni, Italian sausage, green peppers and onions – and combines them with the perfect seasonings for a savory Italian dish that’s sure to become a household favorite. Served with a green salad and some delicious garlic bread it’s the perfect pizza night dinner!
One Pot Pizza Pasta
One pot meals make it into the meal plan nearly once a week at my house. They are so easy – just cook the meat and throw in the rest of the ingredients and let it simmer. They are simple and delicious, and this One Pot Pizza Pasta is no exception!
There was a time when I really used to love to cook and made fabulous meals every night. Those days have changed thanks to full time jobs and two small children that keep me pretty busy. So when I cook, it’s usually got to be something that will be ready in under thirty minutes. That’s why I love my one pot meals! They all take just 20-30 minutes to get on the table.
How to Make One Pot Pizza Pasta
A lot of people ask what pan I use. I use my Simply Calphalon Nonstick 5-qt. Sauté Pan. It’s a great non-stick pan, it’s held up fabulously for years, and clean up is a snap! I recently purchased a Calphalon Tri-Ply Stainless Steel 12″ Everyday Pan and that one is just as fabulous. Both are perfect for my one pot meals. You could also use a deeper soup pot.
- First step is to cook the vegetables. Saute onions and green peppers in some olive oil in a large pan or pot. You want them to soften just a little but still have a bite to them as they will continue to cook as the pasta simmers. Throw in a little minced garlic towards the end.
- Add the Italian sausage and the pepperoni and cook until the sauce is no longer pink. Drain the grease from the pan.
- Add pasta, beef broth, tomato paste, pizza sauce, water and italian seasoning and stir until everything is mixed. Bring that to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes. Stir it once to prevent the pasta from sticking. You can check the pasta at about 12-13 minutes to make sure it’s not overcooking.
- Turn off the heat and stir in some mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. You could be done at this point and have a truly spectacular pizza pasta. Or you could top that pasta with some more Mozzarella and pepperoni and broil it to make it even prettier. Totally up to you.
I don’t like pepperoni. What else can I use?
Like your favorite pizza joint, this recipe is completely customizable. Some other great additions would be:
- Ground beef
Add in any pizza topping you like. Just keep in mind that veggies will need some extra cooking time with the onions in the beginning.
What to do with Leftovers
If you have to have pizza pasta leftover, store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. Reheat in the microwave.
Want more pasta? Try these other delicious meals:
- One Pot Creamy Chicken and Noodles
- One Pot Cheesy Smoked Sausage Skillet
- Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
- Authentic Pasta Carbonara
- Creamy Garlic Penne Pasta with Chicken
One Pot Pizza Pasta
- 5 ounce package pepperoni
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green peppers diced, seeds removed
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 10 ounces jar pizza sauce + 1 jar-ful of water
- 2 ounces canned tomato paste
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3 cups small dry pasta like penne, wheels, macaroni
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a 5 quart pot, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add onions and peppers and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute about 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add Italian sausage and pepperoni and cook until sausage is no longer pink.
- Add pasta, beef broth, tomato paste, pizza sauce, water and seasonings. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring at least once, .
- Remove from heat and stir in mozzarella cheese, reserving 1/4 cup for sprinkling on the top. Replace the cover and let sit for five minutes. Garnish with diced green peppers and shredded Parmesan, if desired.
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.