Last updated on
Only three ingredients in these super easy Homemade Air Fryer Tortilla Chips and you can make them in minutes. Perfect for dipping in salsa, cheese sauce or guacamole!
Homemade Tortilla Chips
Homemade Tortilla Chips are way tastier than store bought. They have a crispy bite to them that you just can’t get in a bag.
The best flavor comes from frying your chips, but I don’t deep fry anything in my house. Grease splatters everywhere and makes a mess, even when you think it isn’t. Now that I have an air fryer, my world has been opened to healthier fried foods without the mess.
There’s no need to deep fry tortilla chips when you can make crispy, delicious chips in your air fryer. It takes just minutes to make and only three ingredients!
How to Make Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
If you have tortillas in your fridge, you’re on your way to having chips. Grab those, some olive oil cooking spray (or any cooking spray), and some coarse salt.
I tested both corn tortillas and flour tortillas and while both come out great, the corn tortillas turn out slightly crispier so I prefer them.
- Slice the tortillas into 6-8 pieces depending on the size tortilla you have. I use a pizza cutter to make it really easy.
- Spray the tortillas lightly with cooking spray, then sprinkle with salt.
- Lay the tortillas into the air fryer basket, without letting them overlap, and cook for 3 minutes at 350 degrees. Flip them over, give them another light spray, add more salt (if you think they need it – the amount of salt is a personal preference), and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- Air fryers do vary from brand to brand. Some require pre-heating, mine does not. Keep an eye on yours – it may take more or less time to crisp up the chips.
- That’s it! Remove from the basket and they will continue to crisp as they cool. Once they have cooled, you’re ready to start dipping.
Baked Tortilla Chips
Don’t have an Ari Fryer? You can bake your homemade tortilla chips!
If you don’t yet have an air fryer, you can also bake the chips. Follow the same steps – slice, spray, salt – then line in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 7 minutes at 350, flip, lightly spray with cooking spray, then bake another 2-3 minutes or until crisp and browned.
If you want to add another layer of flavor, squeeze some lime juice over the chips. Want to spice them up? Sprinkle on some cajun seasoning, chili powder or cayenne pepper. Want to sweeten them up? Sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar.
How to Store Them
Air fryer tortilla chips will stay fresh for up to two weeks if you store them in an airtight container or a zip top bag at room temperature. Do not freeze or refrigerate.
More Snack Recipes to Love
Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- 6 small tortillas corn or flour
- olive oil cooking spray
- coarse salt
- Slice your tortillas into 6-8 equal pieces, like a pizza.
- Lightly spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with coarse salt. Line in the air fryer basket, making sure to not overlap.
- Cook at 350 for 3 minutes, open the basket, flip the chips, spray with cooking spray & add more salt (if desired), and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- Remove from basket and let cool to finish crisping.