This Cheesy Hot Corn Dip is a creamy, cheesy delicious dip that’s perfect for all your summer parties. It’s great for tailgating, too!
It’s no secret that we’re fans of the Food Network around here. One of our favorite shows is The Kitchen. And when I say “our” I mean me AND my kids. They love the show. Really they love just about any Food Network show and are always asking me if I’m a better cook than those people on TV.
The answer is always, “YES!” of course, and then they disagree with me. Those rascals.
So the other day we’re watching The Kitchen and they are grilling corn and adding cheese and making a seriously delicious looking dip. It reminded me of a dip that I used to make and haven’t made in years, which just so happens to be this Hot Corn Dip.
Now in normal for me fashion, I will admit I added A LOT of cheese to this dip. More than what I’d added in the past. But is there really such a thing as too much cheese? I think not.
The dip is best served hot, and kept warm to keep the cheeses nice and melty. The corn give a nice sweetness that cuts through the creaminess of the cheese and also provides a slight crunch. The cheeses are super ooey gooey and delicious, and combined with the sweet corn make this dip an absolute winner.
Cheesy Hot Corn Dip
Yield 8-10 servings
This Cheesy Hot Corn Dip is a creamy, cheesy delicious dip that's perfect for all your summer parties. It's great for tailgating, too!
- 3-4 cups corn kernels (fresh is preferred but canned or frozen are good too)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces pepper jack cheese (about 1 cup shredded)
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (about 1/2 cup shredded)
- 2 ounces Monterey jack cheese (about 1/2 cup shredded)
- Combine ingredients together in a large bowl. Pour into a small casserole dish (8” square or equivalent).
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until cheeses are melted and golden brown on top.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips or crackers.
If using fresh corn, you'll need about 4 ears to get 3-4 cups or corn kernels. Cook the corn using your favorite method - I leave the husks on and put the corn right in the microwave for about 3 minutes per ear.
Love this Cheesy Hot Corn Dip? Try these other dips and appetizers: