Hot Corn Dip with cream cheese, Pepper Jack, Monterey Jack, and Cheddar is a spicy, creamy, delicious dip that’s perfect for all your summer parties. It’s a great appetizer for tailgating, too! Corn Dip is simple to make and ready in about 30 minutes.
This corn dip is best served hot and kept warm to keep the cheeses nice and melty. The corn kernels give a nice sweetness that cuts through the creaminess of the cheese and also provides a slight crunch. The cheeses are super ooey gooey and delicious, and combined with the sweet corn make this dip an absolute winner.
Now in normal for me fashion, I will admit I added A LOT of cheese to my corn dip. More than what I’ve added in the past. But is there really such a thing as too much cheese? I think not.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Corn – you can use fresh corn off the cob, just be sure to cook it first. You can microwave corn on the cob, steam it or boil it. You are also welcome to use canned corn or frozen to save time. You need 3-4 cups of kernels.
- 4 ounces of cream cheese – half a brick of full-fat cream cheese, softened for easy mixing.
- Sour cream
- Seasoning – garlic powder and salt (not garlic salt, which can be overly salty).
- Cheese – I used a combination of Pepper Jack, Monterey Jack, and Sharp Cheddar. Any combination of cheese can work.
How to Make Corn Dip
Go zero to corn dip in 30 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Pour the dip into a large baking dish and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until the dip is bubbly and melted.
- Serve with corn chips, tortilla chips, crackers or Crostini.
This corn dip is really delicious on its own and it has a ton of great flavor. But there are some great add-in options that can really elevate it to the next level.
- Add more heat with a few dashes of hot sauce, canned diced green chiles, or fresh diced jalapenos.
- Make is savory by adding chopped bacon and a cracker crumb topping.
- Make it Tex-Mex by adding sauteed bell peppers and black beans.
Expert Tips and FAQs
- Your cream cheese should be room temperature and easy to mix. Use a full-fat brick of cream cheese. If you need to soften quickly, remove from the wrapper and place into a bowl. Microwave for 10-15 seconds.
- Use your slow cooker and keep this corn dip warm for hours. It won’t get brown on top but you can definitely cook the dip in your crockpot.
Yes, you can freeze a dip with cream cheese in it. Wrap tightly and freeze for up to 6 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight, stir, and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until warm.
Yes, the dip can be prepped in advance and covered and refrigerated until you’re ready to bake. It’s best served fresh, but baking it in advance and reheating can also work.
Hot dips, especially with a dairy base, should not sit out for more than 2 hours after baking. If it sits out for longer than that, you should discard.
More Delicious Dips to Try
- Chicken & Bacon Artichoke Dip
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Bean Dip
- The BEST Skinny Taco Dip
- Easy 3-Ingredient Rotel Dip
- Easy Black Bean Dip
Cheesy Hot Corn Dip
- 3-4 cups corn kernels fresh is preferred but canned or frozen are good too
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces pepper jack cheese about 1 cup shredded
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese about 1/2 cup shredded
- 2 ounces Monterey jack cheese about 1/2 cup shredded
- Combine ingredients together in a large bowl. Pour into a small casserole dish (8” square or equivalent).
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until cheeses are melted and golden brown on top.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips or crackers.
Love this Cheesy Hot Corn Dip? Try these other dips and appetizers: