Jalapeno Popper Dip is the perfect party appetizer – it’s creamy, spicy and totally addictive. With fresh jalapenos, cream cheese, sharp cheddar and bacon, this jalapeño popper dip recipe will be the hit of any party!
This Jalapeno Popper dip is my go-to party dip for gatherings and game day. Everyone loves it and it always goes fast! If you love cheesy dips like this, you have to try my Garlic Bread Cheese Dip and Easy Baked Queso Blanco Dip!
The Best Jalapeno Popper Dip
This Jalapeno Popper Dip has all of the flavors of jalapeño poppers without the hard work of assembling each individual one. If that wasn’t good enough, it has extra cheese AND bacon for an irresistible dip that everyone will love.
It’s got simple, fresh ingredients and you can whip it up from start to finish in less than 30 minutes. You can prep it ahead of time and bake it later, and you can easily customize the heat and flavors. You can even serve it as a cold dip!
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Jalapeños – I use fresh jalapenos in this jalapeño popper dip recipe because they are so flavorful. You can customize the heat by adding or removing the seeds and membranes from the pepper. Seeds=heat.
- Green Chilies – This ingredient adds even more flavor without adding any heat. If you want your dip really spicy, you can use a can of diced jalapenos instead.
- Cream Cheese – The base of the dip. Use the full-fat brick style, not the spread. For a lighter dip, swap out half of the cream cheese for light sour cream.
- Cheddar Cheese – Freshly grated off the block sharp cheddar cheese. Feel free to add more if you like.
- Bacon – Instead of wrapping bacon around the jalapeño poppers, it’s chopped up and put right into the dip! Leave it out if you don’t like it, or add more if you do.
- Seasoning – Garlic powder and onion powder.
How To Make Jalapeno Popper Dip
This dip is so easy to make, you’ll never want to waste your time making those individual jalapeno poppers again. Instead of slicing and filling each jalapeno half with the cream cheese mixture, you just mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl and bake it for 15 minutes.
It is very easy to just throw the ingredients together in an oven safe casserole dish, add some extra cheddar and bacon on top and it’s ready to bake!
The easiest way to serve Jalapeno Popper Dip is to bake it in a casserole dish and serve with crostini, baguette slices, pita chips, crisp crackers, or tortilla chips for dipping. If you’re feeling creative, bake the dip in a bread bowl like I did with my Chili Cheese Dip!
If you’re the type that likes to garnish, sprinkle on some sliced green onions.
What To Do with Leftovers
Leftover dip can be stored in the fridge, tightly covered, for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave at medium power to keep the cheese from separating, at 30 second intervals until hot. Or if there’s enough leftover, you can bake it in a small oven safe dish.
Variations and Expert Tips
- Canned vs. Fresh: Use canned jalapenos to cut down on time, but I do personally like the roasted jalapeno flavor.
- Heat Level: Play with the ratio of jalapenos to green chilies to find a spice level you like. This recipe gives you the flavors of the peppers without the heat so be sure to add more if you’re looking for the spice! Try leaving some of the jalapeno seeds in too if you like spicy.
- Customize: Add more or less bacon or cheddar if that’s your thing.
- Crispy Topping: Sprinkle some panko bread crumbs on top before baking for a crunchy topping.
- Try it in a bread bowl! Mix up the dip and pour it into a hollowed out Shepherder’s bread loaf and bake.
- Cheeses: Swap out the cheddar for mozzarella cheese or Parmesan cheese for a completely different flavor.
More Quick and Easy Appetizer Dips You’ll Love
- Southwestern Seven Layer Dip
- Crab Dip Recipe
- Jalapeno Ranch Dip Recipe (Chuy’s Copycat)
- Jalapeno, Bacon & Corn Cheese Dip
- Hot Onion Bacon Dip
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Dip
Jalapeno Popper Dip
- 4 jalapeños seeded and diced (or 1 4-ounce can of diced jalapenos)
- 1 can green chilies
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 6 slices bacon cooked well done and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Baguette slices or crackers for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray an 8×8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Stir together jalapeños, green chilies, cream cheese, 1 cup shredded cheddar, bacon (reserve some for topping if desired), onion powder, and granulated garlic in a large bowl until well combined.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish, spread evenly and top with ½ cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until melted and bubbly.
- If serving in a bread bowl: Melt ingredients together in a small pot over medium heat for 15 minutes until cream cheese melts. Hollow out a large bread bowl and pour dip into it.
- Serve with toasted baguette slices or crackers.