This Crab Dip is a creamy, cheesy flavor bomb that’s loaded with crab and perfect served as a party appetizer with crackers or wonton chips for dipping.
I am obsessed Crab Rangoon Wontons they serve at Chinese restaurants. They are basically fried wontons stuffed with cream cheese, crab and seasonings like soy sauce and garlic. What’s not to love?? They pack a punch and are absolutely delicious. It’s been ages since I had one, so I had to try my hand at making something similar at home. I didn’t want to mess around with wonton wrappers and figured a dip would be just as good, if not better.
This Crab Rangoon Dip is best served with wonton chips, but if you don’t want to go through the trouble of frying up your own, pita chips, tortilla chips or crackers will work just as well. Anything dippable is fair game in my book! Try it on crostini for an even heartier appetizer.
How to Make Crab Dip
This Crab Dip starts with a cream cheese base, and lets face it we could just stop their and call it good, because cream cheese is pretty freaking amazing. I make lots of cream cheese based dips, but this is my new favorite. To get your cream cheese really light and fluffy and extra creamy, be sure to use a hand mixer to smooth it out rather than just stirring it with a spoon.
Mix in real lump crab (not the imitation stuff) for the best flavor, Mozzarella cheese, sour cream, green onions, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and some lemon juice. For heat, you can add a little Sriracha or red pepper flakes if you want.
This Hot and Cheese Crab Dip is definitely a show stopper and a crowd pleaser!
For more cheesy dips, try these:
Crab Dip Recipe
- 12- ounces lump crab meat
- 8- ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 green onions thinly sliced, greens reserved for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a medium-sized oval or round baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (reserve some scallions for garnish) until well mixed. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until top is golden and dip is bubbly.
- Garnish with scallions and serve with wonton, pita or tortilla chips or toasted bread.
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.