Last updated on
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
What do you get when you combine traditional 7 Layer Dip with Hot Taco dip? Hot 7 Layer Bean Dip – Only the most fantastically ooey, gooey, cheesy layered bean dip that you won’t be able to stop eating!
This Hot 7 Layer Bean Dip is going to rock your world.
Are you guys ready for a truth bomb? When it comes to football season, I’m really only in it for the food (and funny commercials on Superbowl Sunday, of course!). I am all about the smorgasbord of usually unhealthy and often totally delicious food that you find at while tailgating and homegating!
This recipe came about because I am a serious lover of all things taco and Mexican-food related, especially when it comes to snacking! I would happily eat a traditional 7 Layer Dip and a Hot Taco dip at the same time. So one day, I had an Oprah-style, a-ha moment where I said to myself, “Self, why not combine a Seven Layer Dip with a Hot Taco Dip?” It’s like a light bulb switched on I just knew I had to give this Hot 7 Layer Bean Dip a try.
I am so glad because this has officially become my new go-to for parties and get-togethers! It starts with a nice layer of cream cheese. This gets topped with a layer of bean dip followed by a layer of chili (I went with a bean-less variety, but if you like extra beans, by all means get a chili with beans in it – the chili world is your oyster!). Next you’ll top it with Rotel, then corn and chopped green chiles, all of which I drained to cut down on extra liquid. And finally, you’ll finish it with a generous sprinkling of grated cheese, because melty cheese makes everything better!
Best of all, this took all of ten minutes to throw together and the rest is baking time. So you can easily prepare it and then sit back and enjoy the game (or in my case, the munchies!).
Hot 7 Layer Dip
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese softened (30 seconds in the microwave will do the trick!)
- 1 9 oz. container bean dip
- 1 15 oz. can chili
- 1 10 oz. can rotel drained
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed and drained (a couple minutes under hot water works just fine)
- 1 4 oz. can diced green chiles drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mexi-blend cheese or cheddar
- Chopped scallions for garnish
- Tortilla chips for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a 9 inch pie plate, spread the cream cheese in an even layer and place it in the freezer for a couple of minutes while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Next spread an even layer of bean dip on top of the cream cheese.
- Spread an even layer of chili on top of the bean dip layer.
- Now spread the Rotel on top of the chili layer.
- After that spread the corn on top of the Rotel layer.
- Next spread the green chiles on top of the corn layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the dip from the oven and sprinkle the grated mexi-blend cheese on top.
- Bake for 10 more minutes or until the cheese is fully melted and it's hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with scallions and enjoy with tortilla chips!
Other awesome game day treats include:
And for more delicious cheesy dips, try these: