Impress your game day party guests with this incredible Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip! With three kinds of cheese, spicy buffalo wing sauce and tons of chicken this appetizer recipe is a real game changer!
It’s no secret around here that I’m a sucker for snack-type foods; and buffalo and blue cheese just happen to favorite flavor combo for said snack-type foods. I am a self-proclaimed wimp when it comes to spicy food, but for some reason the buffalo gets me every time.
When I was tossing ideas out for this Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip (let’s face it, I’m not the first to create one) I was trying to come up with ways to make it different. It finally came to me in the form of late night nachos at a boutique hotel in Salt Lake City. On their menu, they had nachos topped with blue cheese and mozzarella cheese. That melted blue cheese was so incredible, I ordered them twice during my three night stay! They were THAT good!
This dip pays a little homage to that delectable midnight snack with lots of Mozzarella cheese mixed in with the cream cheese and sour cream, and a couple handfuls of blue cheese melted right on top. Of course some fresh blue cheese piled on top was a necessary addition, but that melty mozzarella and blue cheese combo in their with the buffalo chicken? Heaven.
My Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip is spicy, creamy, and packs a real flavor punch. The Buffalo Sauce that I used was actually Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo Wing Sauce. I used 3/4 cup to get enough of the spice for my taste, but you could use the original sauce for even more heat (I would only use 1/2 cup though).
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe:
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 8- ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ranch dip mix
- 3/4 cup Sweet Baby Ray's Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese optional, for topping
- 1 sliced green onion for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl and with an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, sour cream, Ranch mix and buffalo sauce until light and smooth. Stir in 1 cup of the Mozzarella cheese and all of the chicken.
- Pour into a medium-sized baking dish. Top with ½ cup blue cheese crumbles. For the golden brown top, sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted on top.
- Flip on the broiler and broil until cheese is golden and bubbly; about 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish with remaining 2 tablespoons of blue cheese crumbles and some sliced green onions. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
Here’s another favorite Buffalo Chicken recipe:
For even more delicious game day dips, try these:
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.