This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry is super quick and easy, and super delicious. With big chunks of chicken and asparagus in a tangy sauce, this healthy recipe will quickly become a favorite for lunch or dinner.
Being that it’s asparagus season, there’s always asparagus on sale. Sometimes I get a little greedy and grab 3 or 4 bunches…and then I have to figure out new ways to cook it! Of course it’s delicious on it’s own, or you could try this Balsamic Asparagus, or this Pesto Pasta Salad with Roasted Asparagus. Both are delicious, but my favorite preparation is a stir-fry. I like that the vegetables in a stir fry stay nice and crisp (there’s nothing worse than mushy vegetables).
This stir-fry recipe is a spin off of a recipe I found on Skinny Taste. It had a whole bunch of ingredients in it that I didn’t have or didn’t want to use, so I narrowed it down to 5 ingredients, plus the chicken and asparagus – the sauce is simply soy sauce, lemon juice, honey and cornstarch. Plus it takes just about 20 or so minutes from start to finish, which is a total bonus in my book!
Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry
- 1 bunch asparagus woody ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast , cut into one inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Cut asparagus into 2″ pieces.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a heavy bottom skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus to the skillet and season with a pinch of salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until crisp-tender (tender, but still has a “bite” to it). Stir in garlic during the last minute. Spoon onto a plate and add set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in the hot skillet. Add a little more olive oil if needed. Cook on each side until golden, about 3-4 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the sauce by stirring together lemon juice, honey, soy sauce and cornstarch.
- Return asparagus to the skillet, add sauce, and stir, cooking until sauce is thickened and chicken and asparagus are coated completely.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
For more easy, healthy meals, try these:
Baked Salmon Teriyaki Lettuce Wraps
Really good and very easy! I did add a pinch of red pepper flakes for a slight spiciness.
So simple and really REALLY yummy!
Made this once and already a family favorite! Making it again tonight, but only have limes, has anyone tried with lime? Does it make a huge difference?
That would definitely offer a different flavor, but I also think you could just leave it out. Maybe try adding some rice wine or white wine vinegar if you have it.
I made this tonight for dinner, very delicious. We added a few ingredients, flavored snow pees, a cabbage stir fry package and cooked all separate in oil then cooked them all together and added yakosoba noodles hot n spicy and was perfect. Good filling meal and an awesome tasteful healthy easy stir fry.
So at what point do you add the honey? It wasn’t included in the instructions when mixing the sauce ingredients.
Thanks for letting me know. I’ve updated the recipe. It’s added with the soy sauce and lemon juice.
Love that you use that whole asparagus. Tip to stem. That’s a true affectionado!