This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Roasted Broccolini is a super easy veggie side dish! Ready in under 20 minutes and using only a few simple ingredients, it’s perfect for a busy weeknight when you’re just trying to get dinner on the table, fast.
We love roasted broccolini because it’s a little more unique than your basic broccoli or carrots, cooks faster than typical oven roasted veggies and it has a deliciously nutty flavor when roasted. This baby broccoli cooks in half the time, the recipe only requires a few pantry ingredients and only 5 minutes of prep. The whole dish is ready in less than 20 minutes.
Table of Contents
Ingredients for Roasted Broccolini
You only need 4 super simple ingredients to make this delicious broccolini recipe.
- Broccolini – You can find broccolini in bunches in the produce section. It looks like broccoli, but the stalks are longer and the florets smaller.
- Olive Oil – You can swap in another cooking oil of choice, such as avocado oil, but I love the flavor of olive oil.
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper
- Lemon – Optional to squeeze on after roasting.
How To Roast Broccolini
- Prep. Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees F and spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Trim broccolini. Rinse and pat dry the broccolini then use a sharp knife to trim the stem ends off and discard. If there are any thick ends, you can also slice those in half so all of the broccolini cooks evenly.
- Toss with oil and seasoning. Add the trimmed broccolini to a large bowl. Drizzle and toss with the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast. Arrange broccolini on the prepared baking sheet, then roast in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until tender. I like to use a fork to test for doneness.
- Serve. You can serve as is or top with a spritz of lemon juice or even a sprinkle of fresh grated parmesan cheese.
Frequently Asked Questions
Broccolini is a cross between broccoli and Chinese broccoli, which is very leafy. It has small, tender stalks with cute, tiny florets. The taste is mild with a tender texture.
If you prefer to use the air fryer, instead of the oven roasted method, you can follow the same recipe steps of tossing in oil and salt and pepper. Air fry the broccolini at 375 degrees F for about 10 minutes. Then check the broccolini every 2-3 minutes until done.
It’s always good to have a go-to veggie side in your recipe arsenal! Roasted broccolini goes great with so many dinner recipes. We love having it with Baked Chicken Breasts or Garlic Chicken and Rice Casserole.
- Spicy – Toss with some red pepper flakes for a little heat.
- Deluxe – Roast with minced garlic, then before serving, Squeeze lemon juice and grate some fresh Parmesan on top. Finish off with some fresh minced parsley.
- Kid Friendly – Serve with cheese sauce.
Storage and Reheating
Storage – Leftover cooked broccolini should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Reheating – You can warm up the leftovers in the oven at 350 degrees F until warmed through, about 5 minutes. You can also reheat in the microwave, but using the oven will help crisp up the edges again.
- Try different seasonings – You can easily mix up the recipe by using different seasonings, such as your go-to for roasting regular broccoli or other veggies
- Toss evenly in oil – Tossing the broccolini in oil prevents the tips from drying out and gives great flavor.
- Want to make broccoli instead of broccolini? Check out this recipe for how to make roasted broccoli! The steps are similar, but the temperature and cook time differs.
More Easy Vegetable Recipes You’ll Love
- Grilled Zucchini Recipe
- Easy Oven Roasted Vegetables
- Sauteed Asparagus
- Crispy Baked Brussels Sprouts
- Sauteed Mushrooms
- 4 bunches broccolini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon pepper
- Optional: lemon, parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and prepare a baking sheet by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- Trim the ends off the broccolini and use a knife to slice any thick ends in half if needed.
- In a large bowl, toss the prepared broccolini with olive oil and salt and pepper until fully coated.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until tender.
- If desired, serve with fresh lemon.