This Strawberry & Feta Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette is the perfect summer meal. It’s fresh and light with tangy feta and citrus flavors, sweet strawberries and crunchy toasted walnuts.
If you aren’t a salad eater, this Strawberry & Feta Salad will change your mind. It seems like it was maybe 10 or 12 years ago when salads got a makeover. Where there used to be few options, like Caesar, Ranch or Italian, there are now so many salad options, you could eat a different way every day for a month and not get bored.
This salad fits all of my requirements for the best salad. It’s got sweet strawberries, crunchy walnuts, tangy Feta, creamy avocado and a slightly sweet Citrus & Herb Vinaigrette. Plus it’s topped with this ultra flavorful and juicy Citrus Chicken that I shared yesterday.
But the Citrus Vinaigrette might be my very favorite part of this salad. It’s similar to the marinade for the chicken, with a few extras added in. Three types of citrus – lemon, orange and lime – plus olive oil, a little honey, and herbs like basil or parsley.
Then toss all of that deliciousness together and enjoy!
Strawberry & Feta Chicken Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 orange juiced
- 2 limes juiced
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs like basil or parsley
- Salt to taste
- 6 cups Romaine & Spring Mix lettuces
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 Citrus Grilled Chicken Breast recipe here
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl or seal-able jar and whisk or shake together until emulsified. Taste and add more salt and honey if desired.
- Combine lettuces with half of the vinaigrette in a large bowl and toss until coated. Add more dressing if desired. Divide into two bowls and top with strawberries, walnuts, Feta and avocado.
- Serve immediately.