This Jalapeno Cheddar Corn Casserole is a delicious way to dress up the basic corn side dish. Spicy jalapenos and creamy cheddar and cream cheese combine with crisp corn to make a flavor packed dish that everyone will love!
Jalapeno Cheddar Corn Casserole
This Jalapeno Cheddar Corn Casserole is the ultimate side dish recipe! Amanda here from Old House to New Home, sharing a family favorite recipe that we enjoy all throughout the year. Corn is a great vegetable choice for dinner, but let’s face it, it is kind of ho hum. Well this corn casserole is anything but boring! It is flavor packed and has lots of creamy cheese.
My cousin has been making a version of this Jalapeno Cheddar Corn Casserole for holiday get togethers for years and I always look forward to it. I have asked her for the recipe many times but just can’t remember where I put it. I have been craving this cheesy corn so I decided I would just to have create my own version and avoid the embarrassment of asking for the recipe again.
What type of corn should you use in corn casserole?
Frozen corn tastes the most like fresh corn and has the best texture for a corn casserole. Canned corn can get mushy once baked. My favorite frozen corn is the steam in bag type! Of course, fresh corn right off the cob is always a good option if you have it available.
Is Jalapeno Cheddar Corn Casserole spicy?
You can adjust the spiciness in this recipe according to your tastes! I like to use one to two small, fresh jalapenos, but you could substitute green chiles, which are mild, but still will add a lot of flavor to the recipe. I love to use diced poblanos as well when they are available to add a rich smokiness!
how to make Jalapeno Cheddar Corn Casserole
This Jalapeno Cheddar Corn Casserole is a delicious way to add some spice to dinner. No boring vegetables here! I love this creamy casserole which is perfect for a family get together, alongside taco night, or anytime you want an impressive side dish.
- Combine cream cheese, milk, freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese and diced jalapenos to a large mixing bowl and stir together until well combined.
- Cook corn to package instructions. I like to use the steam in the bag corn because it makes it super easy. Just pop the whole bag in the microwave and you’re done. Gently stir the corn into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the mixture into a small casserole dish and bake until it’s golden on top and bubbly.
- This recipe will make about 4 servings, but can easily be doubled or even tripled for a larger casserole dish for more servings. Just be sure to add a little more cooking time.
You’ll love these other delicious corn recipes:
Jalapeno Cheddar Corn Casserole
- 12 oz frozen bag corn (cook in microwave according to package directions
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tbsp milk
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add cream cheese, milk, cheddar cheese, and jalapenos. Stir well.
- Steam corn according to directions and then add to the mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add to a casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes, or until bubbling. Serve hot.
Looking for more corn side dish recipes?