This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Jalapeno Corn Casserole is a delicious and simple side dish made with spicy jalapenos, tangy cheddar, cream cheese and crisp corn. This 30-minute side dish is always a favorite.
Whether you’re planning your holiday meal or a weeknight dinner for your family, this Jalapeno Corn Casserole is the perfect addition! Serve with like Spicy Turkey Meatloaf, Chicken Tacos or your favorite Thanksgiving turkey recipe.
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe
This Cheddar Jalapeno Corn Casserole is the ultimate side dish recipe! Corn is a great vegetable choice for dinner, but let’s face it, it is kind of ho-hum. Well, this corn casserole is anything but boring! It is flavor packed with spicy chiles and lots of creamy cheeses.
Easy to Make – With only 4 main ingredients and a few seasonings, this is a super simple side dish.
Flavor-Packed – Spicy jalapenos, cheese, and garlic spice up your basic corn side dish.
Ready in 30 Minutes – You’ll love the simplicity, but even better it’s ready to eat in about 30 minutes.
You’ll be rushing out to get the ingredients when you learn what’s in this simple casserole! Find a complete list of ingredients in the recipe card below.
- Corn – You need about 2-3 cups of corn. You can use a 12-ounce bag of frozen corn, 2 fully drained cans of corn, or 2-3 cups of fresh corn. For frozen or fresh corn, steam or cook it until it’s tender-crisp.
- Cream cheese – Use a block-style cream cheese rather than a spreadable or whipped. I usually recommend full fat for the best flavor. However when mixed into a casserole like this you can use a lower-fat version if you like.
- Cheddar cheese – Buy a block of sharp cheddar and grate it yourself. The pre-shedded cheese in a bag is fine for topping your tacos, but it’s coated with a anti-caking agent that prevents melting.
- Jalapenos – Fresh chiles will give you the best flavor and the ability to control the heat. Seeds and membranes contain most of the heat so adjust how much of them you add to adjust the heat level.
How to Make Jalapeno Corn Casserole
This Jalapeno Cheddar Corn Casserole is a delicious way to add some spice to dinner. No boring vegetables here! I love this creamy casserole which is perfect for a family get-together, taco night, or anytime you want an simple yet impressive side dish.
- Combine softened cream cheese, shredded cheddar, diced jalapenos, seasonings, and a little milk in a large bowl.
- Stir in the corn, then pour the whole mixture into a baking dish and top with more shredded cheddar.
- Bake for 20 minutes, just until the casserole is hot and bubbly.
- Let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
You can adjust the spiciness in this recipe according to your tastes! I like to use one to two small, fresh jalapenos, but you could substitute green chiles, which are mild, but still will add a lot of flavor to the recipe. I love to use diced poblanos as well when they are available to add a rich smokiness!
Leftovers should be cooled completely and stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave for 30-60 seconds, stirring at least once.
This recipe will make about 4 servings, but can easily be doubled or even tripled for a larger casserole dish for more servings. Just use a big enough baking dish and you might need to add an additional 5-10 minutes to the cooking time.
- If using frozen or fresh corn, make sure to steam the corn first.
- Canned corn is fine, but can get a little mushy.
- Set the cream cheese out for 30 minutes to soften it prior to mixing. Cut it into cubes to soften even quicker.
- For garnish, use thinly sliced jalapenos or fresh chives.
- If you don’t have access to fresh jalapenos, use a half of a 4-ounce can.
More Corn Side Dishes
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Creamy Cornbread Casserole
- Hot Mexican Corn Dip
- Loaded Corn Fritters
- Slow Cooker Cream Style Corn
Jalapeno Cheddar Corn Casserole
- 2 1/2 cups corn Frozen and steamed, fresh and steamed, or canned and well drained
- 4 ounces block-style, full fat cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 tablespoon milk any kind
- 2 cups freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced or 2 ounces canned
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garic powder
- Preheat oven to 375℉. Grease a 1-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, add cream cheese, milk, cheddar cheese, jalapenos, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix until well combined.
- Add corn to the bowl and stir to combine. Pour into a casserole dish, sprinkle some shredded cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.