This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Loaded Corn Fritters are a light and fluffy corn cake topped with all the fixings making them a killer game day snack or dinner side dish!
I personally love anything “loaded” and by loaded I mean all the sour cream, cheese, green onion and of course bacon! And one of the ways I love to enjoy these toppings is on a good corn fritter!
Whether you call it a sweet corn cake or fritters, this corn fritter recipe is seriously easy to make. I love that you can totally make them ahead because they taste great hot as well as cold. I actually hadn’t ever tasted a corn fritter until I worked at the Cheesecake Factory as a server. And while theirs were pretty tasty, this one is a little different.
I like to make these the size of a small pancake by using ¼ cup of batter, but if you want them to be smaller, more like the size of a canapé, you can totally use a tablespoon to drop smaller amounts of batter into the grease.
How to make Loaded Corn Fritters
- Start by thawing the corn. The first time I tested this, I failed to that the corn and while it didn’t affect the taste, it made the batter pretty difficult to work with.
- Fry the bacon until it’s nice and crisp. I like to do it in batches, reserving the oil in a side bowl to use for frying the fritters. You can totally use the same pan, but I like to wipe out the pan before adding the reserved grease back in
- Mix the batter until everything is well combined.
- Heat some of your reserved bacon grease in a hot skillet.
- Drop in quarter cups of batter and quickly spread the edges out to flatten.
- Fry on each side until golden brown and remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Top with sour cream, shredded cheddar, crumbled bacon and chopped green onion. Devour!
Can’t get enough game day goodness? Try these recipes!
- Spicy Barbecue Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs
- Philly Cheese Steak Bombs
- Ground Beef Enchilada Dip
Loaded Corn Fritters
- 6-8 slices bacon
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper or more if you want them to be spicy
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn thawed
- 2 teaspoons salted butter melted
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheddar
- Chopped green onions green parts only
- In a large fry pan, fry the bacon until crispy. Remove to a paper towel lined plate, reserve grease in a heat-safe bowl and wipe out the pan with a piece of paper towel.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, seasoning salt, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and baking powder until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add corn and melted butter and mix until smooth.
- Heat some of the bacon grease in the same fry pan over medium-medium high heat.
- Drop ¼ cup amounts of batter into the hot oil and quickly use the measuring cup or a spoon to spread it into a pancake shape (you can also do tablespoonfuls if you want smaller corn fritters). Do this in batches, adding more bacon grease between batches so as not to dry out or overload the pan.
- Fry for around 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown, turning once. Be sure to manage your heat so you don't burn them.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve hot or room temperature with sour cream, shredded cheddar, chopped green onions and crumbled bacon on top.