I am so excited to share this cheesy sausage skillet with you today! One pot meals are my favorite, and this one has just topped the list! Savory smoked sausage, creamy melted cheese, fragrant garlic, onions and tomatoes…all come together in a one skillet meal that is sure to please everyone in the family!
The best part is it takes only about 20 minutes from start to finish. These one pot meals have become my go-to weeknight dinners. Pair with a salad and you’re good to go!
I love smoked sausage, and it was perfect paired with the other flavors in this recipe. I can’t wait to create some more! I took advantage of the #Buy3Save3 deal at Vons and saved $3 when I bought three packages of Hillshire Farm meat. I’ve got two more packages and another recipe I’m itching to test out, so be sure to be on the lookout! You can get your own $3 coupon by visiting the Safeway Just for U website.
The steps for this recipe are quick and easy. Saute your Hillshire Farm Smoked Turkey Sausage with some onion and garlic, then add tomatoes, pasta, cream, chicken broth and seasons. It only takes about 15 minutes to cook – add some cheese and you’re good to go!
A lot of people ask what pan I use. I use my Simply Calphalon Nonstick 5-qt. Sauté Pan. It’s a great non-stick pan, it’s held up fabulously for years, and clean up is a snap! I recently purchased a Calphalon Tri-Ply Stainless Steel 12″ Everyday Pan and that one is just as fabulous. Both are perfect for my one pot meals.
*Adapted from Kevin & Amanda and America’s Test Kitchen Simple Recipes Cookbook.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also like some of my other one pot meals:
For a complete list of recipes on the site, be sure to go here.
On Pan Cheesy Smoked Sausage & Pasta Skillet
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb Hillshire Farm Smoked Turkey Sausage, sliced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic (about two fresh cloves)
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
- 8 oz dry pasta (any small pasta will do)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, each
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar-Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions, for garnish
- Add olive oil to a 4-5 quart saute pan over medium high heat. Add onions and sausage and cook until lightly browned. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, milk, pasta, and seasonings. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Turn off the heat and stir in 1/2 cup of cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and cover for about five minutes to allow cheese to melt. Top with sliced scallions and serve.
- Makes about 4 servings.
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.