Ask either of my children what their favorite food is, and without hesitation, they will scream in unison, “spaghetti!!” Well I simply get tired of spaghetti with ground beef or meatballs so I like to cook it with a lean chicken breast.
This is a good base recipe and can be used with a variety of meats and pastas. There are just a few simple steps – First, saute the meat (I use my Simply Calphalon Nonstick 5-qt. Sauté Pan. It’s a great non-stick pan, it’s held up fabulously for years, and clean up is a snap!). Then add the sauce, broth dry pasta and seasonings and bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes. Once cooked you add the shredded cheese. That’s it!
Looking for more easy and delicious meal ideas?
Try my 20 Minutes Meals Ideas:
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes by clicking on these cute buttons below, and follow me on Facebook and Instagram. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there!
One Pot Chicken Spaghetti
- 1 pound of chicken breasts (about 2 large), cut into one inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion (or 1/2 cup fresh, diced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 oz. dry pasta (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (26-28 oz)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a 5 quart pot or skillet over medium-high heat and add onion. Stir and cook for a few minutes, until onion becomes translucent. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and season with generous amounts of salt and pepper. Cook chicken until browned on all sides, but not completely done.
- Add spaghetti sauce, chicken broth, water and seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and a couple pinches of salt; stir. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for about 17-20 minutes, stirring at least once. Add more water or chicken broth if it seems dry.
- Remove from heat and stir in shredded Parmesan, reserving about 2 tablespoons for the garnish, if desired.
- Divide into bowls, sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.