One Pot Chicken Spaghetti is a simple, quick and easy dinner idea that will satisfy even the pickiest critics. Creamy, cheesy pasta, tomato sauce and spaghetti- what’s not to love?
You’re in for a real treat today – this One Pot Chicken Spaghetti is my favorite one pot meal that I’ve ever made! You can find all of my one pot meals here.
Ask either of my children what their favorite food is, and without hesitation, they will scream in unison, “spaghetti!!” Well I simply get tired of spaghetti sauce with ground beef or meatballs so I like to cook it with a lean chicken breast. They love this One Pot Chicken Spaghetti because that creamy cheesy sauce tasted just like their favorite spaghetti-os. I love it because it has a taste that they love and it’s all homemade!
HOW TO MAKE ONE POT CHICKEN SPAGHETTI
This is a good base recipe and can be used with a variety of meats and pastas. There are just a few simple steps:
- Saute the meat. Start by sauteing some onion in olive oil over a medium flame. After a few minutes they will begin to soften and you can add the chicken. Cook just enough to get some color on all sides of the chicken and season with salt and pepper. A couple pinches of each should do.
- Then add the sauce, broth, dry pasta and seasonings and bring the pot to a boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 17-20 minutes, stirring at least once while the past is cooking to ensure that it doesn’t stick together or to the bottom of the pan.
- Once cooked you add the shredded cheese. That’s it! When stirred in, the cheese creates a luscious sauce as it combines with the thickened liquid. It’s absolutely divine, and incredibly easy!
- For serving, I like to garnish each bowl with some fresh Parmesan cheese and either parsley or basil.
Tips & Tricks for One Pot Chicken Spaghetti:
- Make it your own! If you prefer to use ground beef, you can. You’ll want to saute the beef so that is is cooked through and no longer pink. Then continue on with the rest of the steps. Or make it a complete meal by adding some broccoli.
- Be sure to stir the pasta while it’s cooking. As the starch is released from the pasta, it can cause it to stick together or to the pan. Stirring a couple of times will help avoid this.
- Get creative with the cheese! If you aren’t partial to fresh Parmesan, you can stir in the canned grated, or use fresh Mozzarella, Jack or Cheddar to change things up. For an even creamier pasta, add a couple ounces of soften cream cheese.
- Watch your pot. If it starts to seem dry, add more broth or a little bit of water. You can always drain out extra liquid at the end if necessary.
Love this One Pot Chicken Spaghetti and looking for more easy and delicious meal ideas?
One Pot Meals are fantastic time savers; not only do they require less dishes, but they are often completely finished in under 30 minutes!
More One Pot Meals to try:
- One Pot Cheesy Chicken Pasta
- One Pot Mac and Cheese
- One Pan Garlic Parmesan Pasta
- One Pan Cheesy Beef & Tomato Pasta
Try my 20 Minutes Meals Ideas:
Tools used to make this One Pot Chicken Spaghetti:
Simply Calphalon Nonstick 5-qt. Sauté Pan – It’s a great non-stick pan, it’s held up fabulously for years, and clean up is a snap!
Cut resistant glove – I use one of these glove every single time I use my grater or mandolin. Keeps your knuckles safe for harm!
Box grater – I love the large handle, and the different grate sizes.
- 1 pound of chicken breasts about 2 large, cut into one inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 8-10 ounces uncooked spaghetti about 1/2 of a box
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 24-ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese or more, to taste
- fresh minced parsley for garnish
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a 5 quart pot or skillet over medium-high heat and add onion. Stir and cook for a few minutes, until onion becomes translucent. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook chicken until browned on all sides, but not completely done.
- Add spaghetti sauce, chicken broth, water and seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and a couple pinches of salt; stir. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for about 17-20 minutes, stirring at least once. Add more water or chicken broth if it seems dry.
- Remove from heat and stir in shredded Parmesan, reserving about 2 tablespoons for the garnish, if desired.
- Divide into bowls, sprinkle with fresh grated Parmesan cheese and minced parsley and serve.