One Pot Chicken Alfredo is a quick and easy meal made in just one pot! Pasta, chicken, and a creamy alfredo sauce come together for a fantastic dinner that’s ready in just 30 minutes.
ONE POT CHICKEN ALFREDO RECIPE
Chicken Alfredo is my go-to meal! I make it all of the time at home and always order it at restaurants. This week, I wanted to try making it even easier to make by transforming my normal chicken alfredo recipe into a one-pot meal. Yes, this means you only need to wash one pot and cleaning up afterward is SO easy!
HOW TO MAKE ONE POT ALFREDO CHICKEN PASTA
- To make chicken alfredo in one pot, you will start by simply browning the chicken in a skillet with some olive oil or butter.
- Add in the ingredients for the sauce and noodles, then bring it to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes
- Add in parmesan cheese and stir it up until it’s completely melted. That’s it! Then you can enjoy your meal and not have to worry about the dreaded after dinner clean up that usually follows a meal.
- I like to garnish with more fresh Parmesan cheese, minced parsley or basil, and fresh cracked black pepper, but those are totally optional.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR THIS ONE-POT CHICKEN ALFREDO RECIPE
- If you want to make this meal vegetarian-friendly, simply don’t add the chicken and substitute in vegetable broth for the chicken broth.
- Any type of noodle works in this recipe, I chose to use penne but some other great options include fettuccine, spaghetti, rotini, etc. For the longer noodles like fettuccine, you may need to break them in half depending on the size of your pan. You will want them to be completely submerged in the liquid.
- This meal is great served with 1 Hour dinner rolls!
- To reheat leftovers, I highly suggest heating the pasta over medium heat in a pot or pan. Microwaving it just doesn’t heat up the sauce as well as heating it on the stovetop. If you have it, add just a splash of cream or milk to help being the sauce back together.
- If you have fresh parsley or basil, I highly suggest using it as a garnish. It adds a great pop of color and flavor to the dish.
WHAT GOES WITH CHICKEN ALFREDO?
While Alfredo is typically considered an Italian dish, it can pair well with so many side dishes. Here are a few of our favorites:
- 5-Minute Parmesan Ranch Broccoli
- Easy Oven Roasted Asparagus
- Grilled Zucchini
- Parmesan Rosemary Dinner Rolls
- Beer Bread
- Parmesan Garlic Herb Quick Bread
My favorite ways to use Alfredo sauce:
- Homemade Alfredo Sauce
- Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Soup
- Roasted Garlic and Red Pepper Fettuccine Alfredo
The best chicken pasta recipes around!
One Pot Chicken Alfredo
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup chicken broth vegetable broth may be substituted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 pound uncooked pasta Penne, rigatoni, rotini, etc.
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup parmesan cheese freshly shredded
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper and add to the oil. Cook chicken until no longer pink, turning a few times to ensure even browning. Add in garlic and continue to cook until garlic is fragrant.
- Stir in chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, pasta, cream cheese, butter, and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer to cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese. Serve immediately, garnished with fresh Parmesan cheese, minced parsley or basil and fresh cracked black pepper if desired.
Make sure to check out these amazing pasta recipes!