One Pot Chicken Alfredo is a quick and easy meal made in just one pot! Pasta, chicken, and a creamy alfredo sauce come together for a fantastic dinner that’s ready in just 30 minutes!
Chicken Alfredo is my go-to meal! I make it all of the time at home and always order it at restaurants! This week, I wanted to try making it even easier to make by transforming my normal chicken alfredo recipe into a one-pot meal. Yes, this means you only need to wash one pot! Clean up after making the meal is SO easy!
To make chicken alfredo in one pot, you simply brown the chicken, add in the ingredients for the sauce and noodles, cook for 15 minutes, and then add in parmesan. That’s it. Then you can enjoy your meal and not have to worry about the dreaded after dinner clean up that usually follows a meal!
Tips and tricks for this one-pot chicken alfredo recipe
- If you want to make this meal vegetarian-friendly, simply don’t add the chicken and substitute in vegetable broth for the chicken broth.
- Any type of noodle works in this recipe, I chose to use penne but some other great options include fettuccine, spaghetti, rotini, etc.
- This meal is great served with 30 minute dinner rolls!
- To reheat leftovers, I highly suggest heating the pasta over medium heat in a pot or pan. Microwaving it just doesn’t heat up the sauce as well as heating it on the stovetop.
- If you have fresh parsley or basil, I highly suggest using it as a garnish. It adds a great pop of color and flavor to the dish.
My favorite ways to use Alfredo sauce:
- Homemade Alfredo Sauce
- Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Soup
- Roasted Garlic and Red Pepper Fettuccine Alfredo
The best chicken pasta recipes around!
One Pot Chicken Alfredo
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 pound uncooked pasta I used penne
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- In a large pot, heat oil and brown the pieces of chicken. Add in garlic and continue to cook until garlic is fragrant.
- Add in chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, pasta, cream cheese, butter, Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer to cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan. Serve immediately.
Make sure to check out these amazing pasta recipes!