Last updated on
This easy Chicken Alfredo Lasagna is made with rotisserie chicken, alfredo sauce, and mozzarella cheese. It’s an easy and delicious chicken lasagna recipe that your family and friends will love!
Chicken Alfredo Lasagna
This delicious twist to a classic lasagna recipe will have your family and friends asking for more! It’s made with white alfredo sauce, chicken, and Barilla lasagna noodles. Layer it all together and bake for a creamy, cheesy and delicious dinner.
The Pasta: You can either use the uncooked lasagna noodles or the “oven-ready” kind. Just make sure to add more water if you use this type. I prefer the uncooked kind.
The Alfredo Sauce: I use heavy cream, parmesan, ricotta cheese, and a simple seasoning of salt and pepper.
The Filling: This is made up of shredded chicken, spinach, garlic, onion, and shredded mozzarella.
How to make Chicken Alfredo Lasagna
- Make the sauce – In this Chicken Lasagna, the sauce is one with the filling. There’s no need to layer them between each other, so it’s easier and faster! Once you’ve got the garlic, onion, and spinach sauteed, add in the parmesan, heavy cream, ricotta, and seasoning. When it’s at a simmer, set it aside.
- Cook the noodles – Next, you want to cook the pasta. Start by boiling it in a stockpot filled with water and add salt. Cook until the pasta is al dente. I also like to drizzle some olive oil into the pasta so it helps prevent them from sticking to each other.
- Assemble the lasagna- Usually, a lasagna has at least 3 layers and goes in the following order: Sauce, lasagna noodles, sauce, filling, and then cheese, you want to continue this pattern starting from the lasagna noodles again. For our chicken lasagna, you’ll layer a little of the sauce/filling on the bottom, then noodles, sauce/filling, cheese, noodles, sauce/filling, cheese, until you’ve used up all the noodles. End with the cheese. You can bake at this point, or cover tightly and refrigerate or freeze for later.
- Lasagna bake time- Depending on if your lasagna is fresh or frozen, your bake time differs. Make sure to cover with aluminum foil until the last few minutes of baking to prevent the cheese from burning. For fresh lasagna– Bake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-35 minutes. For frozen– Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 50 minutes.
What to do with leftovers
You can freeze chicken lasagna both baked and unbaked. Make sure to assemble the lasagna in a disposable aluminum baking dish prior to freezing. Ceramic dishes that are cold then rapidly heated may crack. Cover the pan tightly with foil and freeze for up to 4 months.
For unbaked lasagnas, thaw in the fridge, then bake according to the recipe instructions. You may need to add time covered since you are starting at a lower temperature. For already baked then frozen lasagna, thaw in the fridge then reheat in the oven until warmed through.
Looking for more pasta? Try these delicious recipes:
Chicken Alfredo Lasagna
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 15 cooked lasagna noodles
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high and add 2 tablespoons of butter along with 2 minced garlic cloves and 1 cup of chopped onion. Cook the onion until it becomes translucent.
- Now add 10 ounces of fresh spinach and stir until the spinach wilts.
- Then add in 4 cups of heavy cream, 1 ½ cup of grated Parmesan, 15 ounces ricotta cheese, ¼ teaspoons black pepper, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, and 3 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken.
- Once the heavy cream comes to a slight simmer, remove it from the heat.
- In a 9 x 13 inch deep baking dish add a large spoonful of the chicken Alfredo mixture to coat the bottom of the pan then begin adding in your cooked lasagna noodles. I was able to squeeze in about 5 noodles.
- Now add a generous amount of your chicken Alfredo mixture on top of the lasagna noodles and sprinkle on one-third of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layering the lasagna noodles, chicken Alfredo, and shredded mozzarella until all 15 of your lasagna noodles are assembled. Now cover the lasagna with foil and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35-35 minutes. Then broil uncovered for 2-3 minutes to brown the cheese.