This Simple Greek Pasta Salad is a quick and easy, full of flavor side dish made with tender pasta, lots of veggies and a flavorful dressing. It’s sure to be the hit of the summer!
Pasta Salads are perfect for picnics and backyard barbecues. This Greek Pasta Salad is great served alongside other favorites like our popular Classic Macaroni Salad and Bacon Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad.
GREEK PASTA SALAD RECIPE
If you’re looking for something to bring to your next summer gathering, this Greek Pasta Salad is the perfect thing. It’s easy to throw together and the flavors are bright and summery and the salty Feta cheese balances the dressing so nicely.
How to Make Greek Pasta Salad
- The great part about this salad is being able to use vegetables that are fresh from the farmer’s market. I don’t think there’s anything better than a fresh tomato or cucumber. You can always add in green pepper or zucchini to incorporate more of your fresh vegetables.
- The dressing is so easy to throw together. I just pour all of the ingredients into a mason jar and mix it up right before I dress the salad. If you’re making it ahead of time, you can keep it separated in the mason jar until you’re ready to serve so the veggies maintain their crisp bite!
- Try adding some grated Parmesan cheese for some extra cheesy flavors or red pepper flakes for some heat!
- You can make it with any type of pasta too, but I’m a sucker for rotini or bow-ties. When it comes to cooking the pasta for these types of salads, I recommend adding a little olive oil to the water so the pasta doesn’t stick together. It makes it so much easier to mix everything up once it’s cooled off.
- This Greek Pasta Salad would make a great meal option too – Just add some grilled chicken to the top and you’re ready to go!
How to store
Because of the Feta Cheese, this salad shouldn’t be left out for longer than 2 hours. This pasta salad can be made ahead of time, dressing and all, up to 24 hours in advance. Store covered in the fridge until ready to serve. Leftovers will last 3-4 days stored in the refrigerator.
Looking for other side dishes to bring to your summer get-togethers?
Love this Greek Pasta Salad? You’ll love these other tasty salads:
- Balsamic Strawberry Pasta Salad with Spinach
- Crunchy Ramen Noodle Salmon Salad
- Zesty Italian Pasta Salad
Greek Pasta Salad
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces rotini pasta cooked according to box and cooled
- 2.25 ounce can olives drained
- 3 plum (Roma) tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 medium cucumber peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic powder until combined.
- In a large bowl, mix pasta, olives, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, feta, and dressing until combined. Chill or serve immediately.