Indulge in the flavors of the Mediterranean with this creamy Greek Whipped Feta Dip Appetizer, made with tangy and rich Feta Cheese and Greek yogurt!
I think I’ve made it pretty clear that I’m kind of obsessed with dips. Hot dips, cold dips…if I can swipe a chip or a cracker or a piece of bread through it, I’m totally on board. This Greek Feta Dip is kind of my new obsession. Tons of tangy Feta cheese, whipped together with cream cheese until it’s nice and creamy, and Greek Yogurt rounds it all out.
Of course what’s a cream based dip without some fresh herbs, and this dip has lots of fresh dill.
Feta Cheese is my favorite cheese – I love the firmer texture, the tanginess and the saltiness. It’s delicious in salads and makes a fabulous addition to cream cheese in this feta dip. But…
What is Feta Cheese?
Feta Cheese is a rich and creamy, yet firm, cheese that comes from Greece. It’s made from sheep’s or goat’s milk and is lower in fat and calories than pasteurized cheeses like Cheddar or Parmesan, making it a healthier choice when you’re looking to step up the flavor of a recipe. Feta cheese crumbles easily, making it ideal for use in salads like my Balsamic Strawberry Pasta Salad or this Greek Pasta Salad, and for topping pizzas or flatbreads.
Feta cheese is commonly used in Greek, Mediterranean and Middle Eastern recipes because of the unique taste it gives a dish.
How to Make Greek Whipped Feta Cheese Dip
To make this easy Whipped Feta Dip, you’ll need to have a hand mixer or a stand mixer; something high-powered that can whip that feta cheese into dreamy, creamy submission. The Feta is whipped together with cream cheese, Greek yogurt, lemon juice and olive oil. The olive oil helps to lighten the dip up and make it fluffy. It takes several minutes to get this mixture smooth, and I still had a few small bits but that’s totally fine – adds texture.
Once the Feta Cheese is whipped to your liking, add salt and some crushed red pepper flakes to season, then add fresh dill. Feta is a pretty salty cheese, so you’ll want to be cautious adding salt.
To finish it off, top this Greek Feta Dip with some diced cucumbers and tomatoes for texture and crunch. I like to dice up a whole cucumber or two and stir it right into the dip for added texture as well. Make sure to have plenty of pita chips or plain crackers on hand for serving.
- 12 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 6- ounce container of plain Greek yogurt
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus more for serving
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill plus more for garnish
- kosher salt
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup pint cherry tomatoes quarted
- In a large bowl, combine feta, greek yogurt, cream cheese, olive oil, lemon juice and zest. Using a hand mixer, beat until fluffy and mostly smooth; 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and crushed red pepper flakes and stir in dill.
- Pour dip into a serving bowl. Top with diced cucumber and tomatoes. Garnish with more dill and drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve with pita chips for dipping.
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.