Turn plain french bread into cheesy, garlicky perfection with the best Cheesy Garlic Bread recipe. With three kinds of cheese, herbs, and tons of garlic, this is the homemade garlic bread you’re going to want to make over and over again.
HOMEMADE CHEESY GARLIC BREAD RECIPE
Homemade Garlic Bread is one of those recipes that everyone seems to know how to make. It’s pretty easy to make the basic recipe. I mean, butter, garlic, bread, right? That’s what I used to think…until I started making this Cheesy Garlic Bread.
The easiest recipe known to man is basically soft butter, granulated garlic, and bread. This recipe takes that basic principle and kicks it up about 27 notches.
Are you ready to make the most epic Cheesy Garlic Bread?
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST GARLIC BREAD
- Start by making the garlic butter. There are 6 cloves of fresh garlic mixed with a stick of softened butter. You’re also going to stir in a generous tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley. You could use dried here, but use the same amount. It’s just as much for color as it is for flavor. *PRO TIP: You have to have soft butter. Make sure you take that butter out of the fridge at least an hour before you plan to make this bread. And for the love of all that is good and garlicky, do not microwave that butter.
- Now slather all that buttery goodness on some french bread. I try to get the freshest loaves I can because they just taste better. But even a loaf from the discounted, day-old section will work fine. Slice it in half lengthwise and slather that butter and garlic mixture all over. You want the butter to reach all of the outside edges.
- Next pile on the cheese. We’re using a luscious combination of Mozzarella, Parmesan, and sharp cheddar. The Parm and cheddar have a nice sharp bite that compliments the smooth creaminess of the Mozzarella. Sprinkle on a little more parsley for color.
- Now bake those lovely loaves in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes, then flip on the broiler (no need to move the rack) and broil for several minutes to get that cheese nice and golden brown.
WHAT KIND OF BREAD IS BEST FOR GARLIC BREAD?
The best kinds of bread are soft on the inside and crusty on the outside. A thick loaf of french bread or a hearty Italian loaf will yield the best results, but in a pinch, even sliced sandwich bread will work.
For more recipes you can make with French Bread, try these:
- Taco Stuffed Bread
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken French Bread Pizza
- Sloppy Joe French Bread Pizza
- Roasted Garlic & Parmesan Bread
Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf french bread
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley divided
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup fresh grated Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
- Slice French bread loaf in half lengthwise. Place each half, cut side up, on a foil lined baking sheet. Set aside.
- Stir together softened butter, minced garlic, and 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley. Spread evenly on each half of the french bread loaf. In a small bowl combine cheese then sprinkle evenly on top of the bread. Sprinkle remaining parsley even over the cheeses.
- Bake in the 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Turn on the broiler to high, move the rack to the top position, and broil for the last 2-3 minutes until cheese is golden and bubbly. (*The broiling step is optional - you could just let it bake for the 10 minutes and call it good).
- Allow bread to cool and cheeses to set for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.