This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Buffalo Chicken Pizza recipe is an easy french bread pizza topped with spicy buffalo sauce, creamy ranch, tender chicken and celery for a little crunch. Finished off with mozzarella and blue cheeses for that traditional buffalo chicken taste.
Table of Contents
About This Recipe
Serve this buffalo chicken pizza as an appetizer or a meal. It’s great for game day or just a quick and easy dinner for family movie night.
French Bread Pizza is way easier than a traditional pizza because it’s made with a french bread base instead of pizza dough. No rising, no kneading, just cut the loaf in half, add toppings, and bake. Plus you can use any flavors you like – traditional french bread pizza, BBQ Chicken Pizza and Sloppy Joe Pizza.
Ingredients for Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- French bread – Grab a 1 pound loaf of french bread from your local grocery store bakery. You can make this on pizza dough too.
- Ranch dip mix – Depending on the amount of ranch flavor you want, use 1-2 tablespoons. A whole packet of dip mix is 2 tablespoons.
- Cream cheese – Mixed with the ranch mix and spread onto the bread.
- Buffalo Sauce – Add a little to the cream cheese mixture, coat the chicken in it, and serve some on the side for dipping or drizzling. Customize and use as much or as little as you want.
- Shredded chicken – Use leftover or a rotisserie chicken. I also like to make a big batch of shredded chicken in the crockpot.
- Celery – Just like you get with a basket of chicken wings, celery adds a cooling touch and a bit of crunch.
- Cheese – like you typically find on pizza, Mozzarella cheese is a must. I also added crumbled blue cheese because I love it.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken French Bread Pizza
- Mix cream cheese, ranch mix and buffalo sauce and spread it on each half of french bread.
- Mix the shredded chicken with more buffalo sauce and layer that on top of the french bread.
- Sprinkle on diced celery and blue cheese. Top with a generous heap of Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350℉ for 10-15 minutes, let cool for 5, then slice and serve with extra ranch and buffalo sauce for dipping.
What to do with Leftovers
Storage: If you have leftovers, store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Reheating: If you have an air fryer, this is the fastest and easiest way to reheat pizza.
- Consider this recipe more of a guideline – feel free to adjust the ingredients to your liking.
- Try making two different kinds of pizza. Buffalo chicken on one side, bbq chicken on the other!
- To brown, turn on the broiler for a few minutes.
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes
- Cheesy Baked Buffalo Chicken
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Boneless Buffalo Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Nachos
Buffalo Ranch Chicken French Bread Pizza
- Cover a large baking sheet with foil and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice French bread in half lengthwise. Scoop out a little of the soft center of the bread to make a shallow “well” length-wise in each half. Lay cut side up on prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, stir together softened cream cheese with Hidden Valley Ranch dip mix and 2-3 tablespoons of buffalo sauce until well combined. Spread evenly over each half of the French bread.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine shredded chicken with remaining buffalo sauce and diced celery. Spread the chicken mixture evenly over each half of the bread and press down lightly.
- Top with blue cheese crumbles and shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted and bubbly.
- Cool for 5 minutes before slicing into 2” pieces. Drizzle with more buffalo sauce and garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Serve with extra buffalo sauce and ranch dressing for dipping.