This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
All the delicious, tangy flavor of a Sloppy Joe, smothered with cheese and slathered on crispy French Bread. It’s a perfect after school snack, party food or even a quick and easy weeknight meal. You’ll have dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes!
Now that my kids have started school, I’ve begun to think about easy meals I can prepare that will fit into our busy schedules. Especially on Mondays. What is about about Mondays that makes the entire day just hard to get through? It’s tough to get back into the routine after a busy weekend, so our Monday meals need to be fast, easy and delicious.
This past Monday, I came up with this Sloppy Joe French Bread Pizza. I love me some sloppy joe sauce, as you can see with my recipes for One Pot Cheesy Chicken Pasta and Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole. For the Pizzas, I used the Bold variety, but you can also use the traditional or Thick & Chunky.
I started out sauteing some bell peppers and onions together, then added ground beef and Manwich Bold Sauce. I am kind of obsessed with bell peppers and use them for anything I can. The yellow and orange are my favorites because they are milder and have a sweeter flavor.
As a bonus, this adds some veggies to your pizza and your kids will (probably) never know. I also like to grate carrots into sauces like this.
The French Bread is sliced all the way lengthwise and then smothered with that tangy sauce and topped with shredded Cheddar and Jack cheeses.
For more easy dinner recipe ideas, try these:
Sloppy Joe French Bread Pizza
- 1 loaf French Bread cut in half lengthwise
- 2 bell peppers any color
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1 pound Ground Chuck or Sirloin Beef
- 1 15- ounce can Manwich Bold Sauce
- 2-3 cups shredded Cheddar and Jack Cheeses combined
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with foil and place bread halves side by side, cut side up.
- In a large saute pan or pot, heat about a tablespoon of olive oil. Add onion and cook for about 2 minutes, then add the bell peppers and cook for about 3 minutes, until veggies are beginning to soften. Crumble in ground beef, seasoning with a little salt and pepper. Cook until beef is not longer pink. Drain. Stir in Manwich sauce and heat through.
- Spread meat mixture evenly on the french bread halves. Top with desired amount of cheese.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is nice and melted.
- Cool for a few minutes before slices into 2 inch pieces.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
This Sloppy Joe French Bread Pizza looks amazing! I have been craving sloppy joes and this recipe came along just when I needed it!
Sloppy joe French bread was the best ever, tried it a second time and doubled it, Air sealed and froze the second 1/2, put It in the oven frozen @ 300 for an hour, On a baking sheet, covered in foil, it was equally as amazing the second time
Nice! Thanks for the awesome feedback Nancy!
Sloppy Joe French bread pizza!!!
My family LOVED this recipe, cooked it for dinner tonight and received numerous compliments. Really appreciate the recipe.Found it on PINTEREST! 🙂
Nice! So happy that you and your family loved this recipe Aubrey! Thanks for stopping by.
Sloppy Joes French Bread Pizza , I’m dying to try it.
Thank You for the French bread ? sloppy joe idea! Yay! I’m going to add a large can of low-sodium organic diced tomatoes to give Bulk, make my sauce go further and do 4 French rolls, maybe I can get two nights out of it!! 🙂 Likley grab 2 cans manwich. Carrots great idea, Will also will ninja up some frozen organic broccoli and cauliflower to hide in the sauce as well! Thank You?
Hello Heather, Great idea! love that you made it your own!
See More Comments