Crunchy tortilla chips are loaded with tender chicken, drenched in a spicy buffalo ranch sauce and smothered in cheese for the ultimate game day snack. These Buffalo Chicken Nachos are easy to whip up and are sure to please your hungry crowd!
Hey all! Sam back from The Culinary Compass to bring you these awesome Buffalo Chicken Nachos! I’m always a fan when football season comes around because I love to make fun appetizers for game day. This just combines two of my favorite appetizers into probably one of my new favorites!
Buffalo chicken dip is my all-time favorite for game day. In college, my friends and I would love to make big batches of it when we were studying. If we had thought to put it on nachos, it probably would’ve been made at least once a week. The melty cheese on top and the addictive heat from the buffalo sauce just make you want to eat it again and again!
The sauce definitely has a kick, even if it is toned down by the ranch dressing that it’s mixed with. If you’re serving to kids or don’t love the heat too much yourself, only use about 1/4 cup buffalo sauce and add in some cream cheese! Just don’t forget to melt it down when you combine everything for the sauce so it’s evenly incorporated.
I don’t know about you, but I’m a big ranch dressing fan. I usually pick it over blue cheese when I order wings so that’s what I chose to add to the buffalo sauce. You get the flavors of the ranch as well as the buffalo so it’s like you’re taking a bite of a wing! If you like blue cheese more, add that instead! That’s what I love about these nachos – they are so easy to customize!
I mean just look at that cheese pull you guys. How can you not want that?!
To save time, consider using a rotisserie chicken! It’ll only take a few minutes to shred some of the chicken and you’ll be done preparing the nachos before the oven is finished preheating!
Buffalo Chicken Nachos
These Buffalo Chicken Nachos are so easy to make and are sure to be a crowdpleaser!
Yield 6 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- Corn tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 2-3 green onions, diced
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in chicken, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook until no longer pink, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from pan and shred chicken.
- Add shredded chicken back into saute pan and stir in buffalo sauce and ranch dressing. Let simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- On a baking sheet, add a layer of the corn tortilla chips. Top evenly with the shredded chicken and shredded cheese. Bake for 5-7 minutes, until cheese is melted through.
- Top with green onions and serve warm!
For more delicious appetizers, try these: