This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Crunchy tortilla chips are loaded with tender chicken, drenched in a spicy buffalo ranch sauce and smothered in cheese for the ultimate game day snack. These Buffalo Chicken Nachos are easy to whip up and are sure to please your hungry crowd!
Why I Love This Buffalo Chicken Nachos Recipe
I’m always a fan when football season comes around because I love to make fun appetizers for game day. These buffalo chicken nachos just combine two of my favorite appetizers into probably one of my new favorites!
Buffalo chicken dip is my all-time favorite for game day. The melty cheese on top and the addictive heat from the buffalo sauce just make you want to eat it again and again!
So I took those two ideas and smashed them together…and Buffalo Chicken Nachos were born! You’re basically putting buffalo chicken dip on a plate of tortilla chips and that’s what I call a huge win.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees. You will need a large, rimmed baking sheet, and you can cover that with foil if you like to save time with clean up.
- Heat a large saute over medium heat and add some olive oil. Once the oil is heated, add some chicken to the pan and season it with salt and pepper. Cook it until it’s no longer pink, then remove it from the pan and shred it. If you have some pre-cooked chicken on hand, use that instead. See my tips below!
- Stir the shredded chicken together with buffalo sauce and ranch dressing and let it simmer for a couple of minute to marry the flavors.
- Spread some tortilla chips evenly out onto the baking sheet and spread the chicken mixture on top. Add shredded cheese and bake until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and blue cheese crumbles.
Helpful Tips For Making Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- Control the heat – The sauce definitely has a kick, even if it is toned down by the ranch dressing that it’s mixed with. If you’re serving to kids or don’t love the heat too much yourself, use ¼ cup buffalo sauce and add in some cream cheese! Just don’t forget to melt it down when you combine everything for the sauce so it’s evenly incorporated.
- Ranch Vs. Blue Cheese – There are basically two dips that you’ll find when ordering anything buffalo. Blue cheese, or Ranch. Both add a tonof flavor and cool down the spiciness. Feel free to go with whichever is your favorite, or go with both and drizzle some ranch while you crumble on some blue cheese.
- Rotisserie Chicken – To save time, consider using a rotisserie chicken! It’ll only take a few minutes to shred some of the chicken and you’ll be done preparing the nachos before the oven is finished preheating. Or, if you want to always have some pre-cooked chicken on hand, use my Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Recipe or Instant Pot Shredded Chicken. Freeze portions and you’ll always have shredded chicken ready to go!
More Game Day Snacks
- Southwestern Egg Rolls
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Game Day Jalapeno Poppers
- Loaded Chicken Nachos Recipe
- Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Nachos
More Buffalo Recipes
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken French Bread Pizza
- Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 bag Corn tortilla chips 10-15 ounces
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 2-3 green onions sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil (optional)
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in chicken, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook until no longer pink, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from pan and shred chicken.
- Add shredded chicken back into saute pan and stir in buffalo sauce and ranch dressing. Let simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- On a baking sheet, add a layer of the corn tortilla chips. Top evenly with the shredded chicken and shredded cheese. Bake for 5-7 minutes, until cheese is melted through.
- Top with green onions and serve warm!