If Buffalo Chicken Dip and Chicken Taquitos had a baby, this would be it! And what a beautiful baby she is, with spicy shredded buffalo chicken wrapped in flour tortillas and baked to perfection- this is one snack that will be everyone’s favorite!
Is it even possible not to like Buffalo foods? I’m not quite sure. Even if it doesn’t include meat, foods drenched in buffalo sauce are everywhere. And I totally get it, what’s not to like? It’s spicy, savory and super addictive!
And since buffalo wing dip and since buffalo chicken and chicken taquitos are two of my favorite snacks, I thought “Why not combine them?” Boy was that a good idea! There are crazy delicious and seriously easy to make! I sent the leftover’s into my husband’s office and they sent back the empty container demanding a refill!
How to make Baked Buffalo Chicken Taquitos:
- Start with cooked and shredded chicken and mix in some buffalo sauce and some seasonings. Don’t forget the cheese! I gave a range for the amount of buffalo sauce to be used since some people like things spicier than others. I usually use somewhere in the middle of that range as I like it spicy but not outrageously spicy.
- Line a pan (this is important because you don’t want your taquitos to stick!).
- Assemble the taquitos. If you’re looking at the tortilla, spread the filling in a line in the bottom third of it and then roll upward so that the seam is on the bottom when you place it on the pan.
- I used fajita-size tortillas because I wanted these to be larger. You can always cut them in half or use taco-size tortillas. You can also use corn tortillas if you’d rather. If you use corn tortillas, make sure you warm them up a bit before filling and rolling because they tend to crack if they aren’t warmed first (speaking from experience here!).
- Spray the top of them with olive oil cooking spray and sprinkle with a little kosher salt, because a little extra flavor is never a bad thing.
- Bake them until golden and crispy and devour!
Want some other buffalo chicken inspired recipes?
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Braid
- Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken French Bread Pizza
Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
Yield 7 large taquitos
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 Tablespoon ranch seasoning
- 1/2 - 1 cup buffalo wing sauce (NOT hot sauce, actual wing sauce)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 7 fajita-size flour tortillas
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Kosher salt
- Ranch for dipping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment or a baking mat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add chicken, ranch seasoning, buffalo wing sauce, and cheese. Mix well until fully combined.
- Place 4 tablespoons of the meat mixture into the bottom third of each tortilla and carefully and tightly roll them into taquitos.
- Place each taquito onto the pan with the seam-side down.
- Spray the tops of the taquitos lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with a little kosher salt.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and crispy.
- Serve immediately with ranch dressing.
You can easily make the chicken mixture ahead and assemble prior to baking. These also make tasty leftovers and last 3-4 days in the refrigerator.