Last updated on
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders are the perfect appetizers for game day or a quick and easy meal. Spicy buffalo chicken is cooked quickly in your pressure cooker and stuffed into mini sandwich rolls for a delicious game day or any day snack!
These mini sandwiches are slightly spicy, cheesy, and so easy, you will love this delicious and easy recipe. They are a great addition to your appetizer table, next to some of our other favorites like Fried Ravioli, Cranberry Barbecue Meatballs and Mini Macaroni and Cheese Bites.
Favorite Game Day Sliders
Amanda here from Old House to New Home, excited to be rejoining the Yellow Bliss Road team for 2018. I will be sharing some of my favorite recipes with you all year, and these Instant Pot Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Sliders are the perfect starting point. With game day right around the corner, it is time to pull out all your favorite tailgating recipes.
I live in Western Pennsylvania, and football is king here. High school, college, and professional football are all widely popular and everyone loves to get together to bond over exciting wins and tough losses. And of course, you can’t watch football without food, you absolutely must have appetizers and snacks! I have a specific formula for creating an entertaining menu (check out my no-fail formula here!) and I always try to include one meat-based appetizer. I love meatballs or sliders for entertaining and this new buffalo chicken slider recipe is one of my favorites.
I used the Instant Pot to prepare my chicken because it results in tender, shreddable and super flavorful chicken. And it only takes 15 minutes – you can’t beat that! If you don’t have an Instant Pot, just substitute any shredded chicken, omit the chicken broth, and toss the chicken in the remaining sauce ingredients. These sandwiches taste like buffalo chicken but definitely aren’t too spicy. Feel free to add more or less hot sauce depending on your spice tolerance! I love spicy food but know that not everyone does!
Will you be cheering on your favorite team in the upcoming weeks? Or are you just in it for the food? I love football, but I am not going to lie, I am definitely there for the food most of all!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Sliders
This easy recipe uses simple, easy to find ingredients that you probably already have on hand. So grab your pressure cooker and let’s make some Buffalo Chicken Sliders!
- Buffalo Chicken. You’ll need about 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast. Toss that in your instant pot with some butter and a sprinkle of ranch seasoning. Mix together some chicken broth, buffalo sauce and garlic and pour that over the chicken.
- Pressure Cook. Secure the lid of your instant pot and set to manual for 15 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally once it’s finished cooking.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks. The great thing about cooking your buffalo chicken this way is that you can shred and serve the chicken right from the pot. Shred it and stir it up with the sauce. If you prefer more heat, go ahead and add some more hot sauce.
These sliders aren’t like my Ham and Cheese Sliders – they’re even easier! No baking required and these Buffalo Chicken Sliders are super simple to put together.
Split open some dinner rolls or Hawaiian rolls and scoop some of the saucy chicken on top. The add shredded cheddar cheese, green onions and a drizzle of ranch dressing. If you like blue cheese, add some crumbles or a drizzle of blue cheese dressing.
Serve as a main meal with some carrot and celery sticks and ranch for dipping, or as a party appetizer.
Can you make shredded buffalo chicken in the slow cooker?
Yes you can absolutely make the chicken in your slow cooker instead. I love the the instant pot because I can whip these sliders up in less than 30 minutes. But you can put all of the same ingredients into your slow cooker (omit the chicken broth) and cook on high for about 3 hours. Shred and assemble the buffalo chicken sliders.
Make ahead, Storage and Freezing
Make ahead – If you’re planning to serve these sliders for a party and want to get some prep out of the way, you can cook the buffalo chicken in advance and store it in the fridge for up to 2 days. Just warm it up in the microwave or on the stovetop, assemble the sandwiches and serve.
Storage – Store the buffalo chicken and the rolls separately. If you have leftover assembled sandwiches, they will probably get soggy so try to only make as many as you think will get eaten. Store leftover buffalo chicken in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Freezing – You can easily double the recipe and freeze some to have on hand for another time. Cool completely, then store in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 6 months. To reheat, thaw completely then heat in the microwave or stovetop.
Can’t get enough buffalo flavor?
- Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Pinwheels
- Buffalo Ranch Meatballs
- Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Cheesy Baked Buffalo Chicken
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into large pieces (about 3 large chicken breasts)
- 4 tablespoons butter cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup Buffalo Sauce like Frank's Red Hot
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch dressing mix (half of a 2-ounce packet)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 12 sweet Hawaiian rolls
- Place chicken breast into the Instant Pot. Top with chunks of butter, then sprinkle ranch dry seasoning over the butter and chicken
- In a small bowl, stir together the chicken broth, hot sauce, and garlic cloves and pour over chicken.
- Secure the Instant Pot lid and turn to seal. Set manual or pressure cook button to 15 minutes. Let cook and then release pressure naturally.
- Once pressure is released, open the lid and shred the chicken using two forks. Let chicken soak in the sauce for a few minutes.
- Split rolls in half. To assemble sandwiches, layer each roll with buffalo chicken, cheese, ranch and green onions. Secure with toothpicks and serve warm.