These Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders are perfect for game day! Slightly spicy, cheesy, and so easy, you will love this delicious appetizer recipe!
Hello everyone! Amanda here from Old House to New Home, excited to be rejoining the Yellow Bliss Road team for 2018! I will be sharing some of my favorite recipes with you all year, and these Instant Pot Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Sliders are the perfect starting point! With the Super Bowl right around the corner, it is time to pull out all your favorite tailgating recipes!
I live in Western Pennsylvania, and football is king here. High school, college, and professional football are all widely popular and everyone loves to get together to bond over exciting wins and tough losses. And of course, you can’t watch football without food, you absolutely must have appetizers and snacks! I have a specific formula for creating an entertaining menu (check out my no-fail formula here!) and I always try to include one meat-based appetizer. I love meatballs or sliders for entertaining and this new slider recipe is one of my favorites.
I used the Instant Pot to prepare my chicken because it results in tender, shreddable and super flavorful chicken. And it only takes 15 minutes! You can’t beat that! If you don’t have an Instant Pot, just substitute any shredded chicken, omit the chicken broth, and toss the chicken in the remaining sauce ingredients. These sandwiches taste like buffalo chicken but definitely aren’t spicy. Feel free to add more or less hot sauce depending on your spice tolerance! I love spicy food but know that not everyone does!
Will you be cheering on your favorite team in the upcoming weeks? Or are you just in it for the food? I love football, but I am not going to lie, I am definitely there for the food most of all!
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- 2.5 pounds of chicken breast cut into large pieces (about 3 large chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons of butter cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup Frank's Buffalo Hot Sauce
- 1/2 packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 8 ounces of cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 green onions diced
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 12 sweet Hawaiian rolls
- Add chicken pieces to the Instant Pot. Top with the butter pieces and then season with the dry ranch dressing mix.
- In a measuring cup, mix together the chicken broth, hot sauce, and garlic cloves. Pour over chicken.
- Put on the Instant Pot lid and turn to seal. Set manual or pressure cook button to 15 minutes. Let cook and then release pressure naturally.
- Once pressure is released, open the lid and shred the chicken using two forks. Let chicken soak in the sauce for a few minutes.
- To assemble sandwiches, layer each roll with buffalo chicken, cheese, ranch and green onions. Serve warm.
Looking for more tailgating recipes?
Can’t get enough buffalo flavor?
- Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Pinwheels
- Buffalo Ranch Meatballs
- Best Crispy Baked Chicken Wings with Buffalo Sauce