Easy Meatball Sliders require just 4 ingredients and take 20 minutes to make, even if you make the meatballs from scratch! Serve them as a main course or a tasty party appetizer.
Easy 20 Minute Meal
Need something quick to make for dinner tonight? These Easy Meatball Sliders are tasty, filling and so simple to make. All you need are some meatballs, tomato based pasta sauce, cheese and mini slider buns. That’s it! Just 4 ingredients!
Usually when I make sliders, like Monte Cristo Sliders or Garlic Butter Ham and Cheese Sliders, I’ll use a whole package of rolls and bake the sliders in a whole loaf form. They still need to be cut into individual pieces and take a little longer to make and bake. What I love about these meatball sliders is they can be made in less than 20 minutes! Easy assembly and you can make as many or as few as you need. Feed a crowd or just feed yourself!
My kids love how they are hand held little mini sandwiches and they can even take leftovers in their lunches. You can serve them as a main course with a green salad or some roasted broccoli on the side, or even as an appetizer like mini meatballs subs.
How to Make Easy Meatball Sliders
Meatball Sliders are super simple to make in just a few quick steps. You can make meatballs fresh from scratch if you like, or use frozen to simplify it even more.
- Make the meatballs. You can make turkey meatballs, ground beef meatballs, or even chicken meatballs. They all take about 20 minutes to make from scratch. You can also skip this step and use frozen meatballs.
- Coat meatballs in sauce. If using frozen meatballs, heat them up with some spaghetti sauce on the stove.
- Bake. Split the buns in half and place them open faced onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle cheese and Italian seasoning on each half and bake until the cheese is melted and bread gets a little crispy around the edges. They only a few minutes.
- Assemble meatball sliders. Place a meatball onto the bottom half of each bun. Sprinkle grated cheese on top of each meatball and replace the top of the bun.
Top Tips for Meatball Sliders
- What kind of bread is best? I prefer to use slider buns rather than Hawaiian rolls, although you can certainly use either. The Hawaiian rolls are sweet and don’t play as well with the meatballs.
- Refrigerate leftover sliders for a couple of days and reheat in the oven. I don’t recommend microwaving because they can become soggy. Likewise, any more than two days and the bread will be soggy and not very tasty. Do not freeze whole sandwiches.
- Use your favorite pasta sauce. I love Costco’s marinara personally, but anything you enjoy is fine.
Serve Meatball Sliders either as a main course for lunch or dinner, or as an appetizer.
Easy Meatball Sliders
- 12 Meatballs medium size
- 4 ounces Shredded Mozzarella Cheese about 1 cup
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups Pasta Sauce
- 12 Slider Buns or Small Rolls
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Optional ingredients: melted butter, garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Split rolls and place on a foil lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle each half with shredded Mozzarella cheese and a little Italian seasoning. (Optional step: you can also brush with melted butter and add a little sprinkle of garlic powder or salt before adding the cheese). Set aside.
- Heat a saucepan on the stove over medium heat. Add fresh or frozen meatballs and sauce. Heat until meatballs are heated through; about 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bake rolls in the oven just until the cheese is melted and the edges of the bread are golden; 3-5 minutes.
- Place one meatball on half of each roll and top with more cheese, if desired. Replace tops of the sliders the other half.