The best homemade garlic butter is simple to make with just 3 ingredients that you probably already have on hand. It’s perfect for everything from potatoes to veggies to garlic bread.
Homemade Garlic Butter Recipe
There are just somethings that are better made from scratch. Garlic butter is one of them. Fresh garlic blends with the butter and becomes incredibly fragrant, and we toss in some minced parsley for freshness. It’s so deliciously easy, you’ll never buy premade again!
One of our favorite, and most indulgent, ways to use this butter recipe is to melt it down and dip your pizza in it. You know how a certain pizza place delivers their pies with those little cups of luscious melted butter? Now you can make it all on your own and it tastes so much better! Pizza night will never be the same.
How to make Garlic Butter
This recipe makes about a cup (8 ounces) of garlicky butter and uses 1 stick of butter. You can easily double or triple this recipe to make a larger batch.
- You’ll want to start with softened butter, so it’s good to plan ahead and let the butter sit out on the counter for an hour or so.
- Place softened butter in a food processor with chopped garlic, fresh minced parsley and a little salt and pepper.
- Turn the food processor to low speed for about a minute or until the butter and garlic are well combined.
How long do compound butter last?
Compound butters should be stored in an airtight container. You can also form a log and wrap in plastic wrap, making it easier to slice.
- Store on the counter for up to 3 days.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
- Freeze for up to 6 months.
Can I use butter instead of oil for cooking?
Absolutely! Butter makes a fabulous cooking base for a variety of dishes. Melt the flavored butter in place of whatever oil or butter the recipe calls for, then cook as directed.
How to Use Garlic butter
This fragrant butter is perfect in so many different recipes – Steaks, chicken, seafood, vegetables, potatoes, rice, bread, and even pizza! Here are a few of our favorites:
- Perfect Baked Potatoes
- Baked Chicken Breasts
- Penne Pasta Primavera
- Garlic Tomato & Shrimp Pasta
- Easy Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Best Ever Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Easy Garlic Butter Pizza Pretzels
Homemade Garlic Butter
- 1 cup butter slightly softened
- 5 cloves of garlic minced (about 2 1/2 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine butter and minced garlic in a food processor or mixer.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Taste and adjust salt as needed.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 1 year.