Crunchy, cheesy nachos are kicked up a notch with Old El Paso™ Green Chile Enchilada sauce. Easy to whip up and perfect for snacking or feeding a crowd on game day!
Nachos are the perfect way to spice up your game day snacks – it’s easy to whip up a lot, you can eat them with your fingers, and they taste delicious.
After a fun day of shopping and lunch with a good friend the other day, I stopped at my local Vons grocery to pick up the ingredients for these Chicken Enchilada Nachos that I’d been dying to make, starting with Old El Paso Green Chile Enchilada Sauce. I also grabbed chicken, tortilla strips, salsa, diced green chiles, cheddar and jack cheeses, sliced olives, sour cream and cream cheese. Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas are one of my favorite meals, and I knew Nachos would be a fun way to turn them into a finger food that my kids would love.
First I cooked up the chicken, then shredded it and added Old El Paso Green Chile Enchilada Sauce. Yum! The flavor is nice and mild but still very tasty.
Next I topped some tortilla strips with cheddar and jack cheese and melted them in the broiler.
Once the cheese was nice and melted, I topped the chips with the shredded chicken and drizzled on some more enchilada sauce. Then added salsa, diced green chiles and sliced olives. Finally I topped it with more cheese, because you just can’t have too much cheese!
I put the pan in the oven again to melt the cheese and heat the other toppings. What I love most about my Green Chile Enchilada recipe is how creamy they are. So for the last step I combined softened cream cheese with sour cream and drizzled it all over the nachos!
Not only are they super kid friendly, but Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Nachos would be a great snack for your game day party!
Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Nachos
- 2 medium sized chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack Cheese divided
- 4 ounces Cheddar Cheese divided
- 1-10 ounce can of Old El Paso Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1-4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1-2 ounce can sliced olives drained
- 2 ounce cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 10-11 ounce bag Tortilla Strips or Chips
- Preheat the broiler on low. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine shredded chicken with about 1/3 of the enchilada sauce and set aside. In another small bowl, stir together cream cheese and sour cream and set aside.
- Arrange tortilla strips on the baking sheet, covering it completely. Sprinkle with about 2/3 of the cheddar and jack cheeses. Place under the broiler to melt the cheese; about 2-3 minutes. Watch very closely because it can burn quickly.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and top with the chicken mixture. Drizzle some of enchilada sauce (add as much or as little as you like, careful not to make the chips soggy). Then add salsa, diced green chiles, sliced olives and remaining cheese. Broil for a few minutes, until cheese is melted and toppings are hot.
- Garnish with dollops of the cream cheese/sour cream mixture and serve immediately.
For more delicious appetizers, try these: