This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
My Skinny Taco Dip is a lightened-up version of the classic 7 Layer Dip and the perfect appetizer for game day parties. Made with light cream cheese and fat-free greek yogurt, this layered dip is a healthier appetizer that will disappear fast!Pin this recipe for later!
Table of Contents
About This Recipe
To make this delicious taco dip, I just expanded on my famous cream cheese salsa dip (literally just cream cheese and salsa) that I’ve been making for years.
This Skinny Taco Dip gives that simple dip a major upgrade! The base is light cream cheese (also called Neufchatel), greek yogurt, salsa, and taco seasoning… and you could seriously just stop there if you wanted to.
Then comes a ton of fresh ingredients, like shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheddar, olives, and avocado. All of the toppings are optional and customizable depending on your personal taste preferences.
How To Make Skinny Taco Dip
See recipe card below for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Beat cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and taco seasoning with an electric mixer.
- Stir in salsa.
- Spread into a dish.
- Top with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, green onions, and olives.
- Serve with crispy tortilla chips, Fritos scoops, pita chips, pretzels, or veggies.
Yes. Instead of Greek yogurt, you can use fat free sour cream. Or use a cup of sour cream in place of the cream cheese.
You can blend the cream cheese layer in advance and prep the toppings. But adding the lettuce more than a few hours in advance is not recommended as it will begin to turn brown.
Because of the lettuce, this dip should be consumed within a day or two.
- Additional Toppings – Some other optional toppings include cilantro, diced red onion, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice right on top.
- Make Ahead – Spread the cream cheese layer into the dish and cover with plastic wrap. Prep the other ingredients and store in plastic bags in the fridge. Just before serving, layer on the toppings.
- Leftovers – Wrap leftovers tightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
- Salsa – Chunkier salsas tend to also have more liquid and are not highly recommended.
More Dip Recipes
Skinny Taco Dip
- 8 ounces light cream cheese softened
- 1 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup salsa Any kind
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt optional
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Roma tomato diced
- 1 small avocado diced
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 tablespoon sliced olives
- Combine softened cream cheese, greek yogurt, salsa and taco seasoning until smooth and well combined.
- Spread into a 2 quart dish or pie plate.
- Refrigerate for an hour or up to 24 hours to let flavors combine. Top with remaining ingredients. Serve with tortilla chips.