These Mini Sausage and Pepperoni Calzones are the best finger food! They’re great for parties, or pack them in your lunch!
Raise your hand if you love pizza. Me too! Both my hands are way up high to the sky. There’s something utterly wonderful and comforting about pizza dough, sauce, cheese, and toppings melting together in harmony. As much as I love pizza, it’s not the easiest thing to eat for game day. But fear not! You can have your pizza and eat it too with this easy Mini Sausage and Pepperoni Calzone recipe!
These calzones are crazy good! I’m a carnivore so I went with my two favorite pizza toppings on the inside, but you could really stuff these little babies with anything you like. I start this recipe with my Homemade Pizza Dough, but you could pick up some dough from the store or your local pizzeria to cut down on the prep time. Then, roll it out, cut dough rounds, fill ’em, seal ’em, bake ’em, and bam! A delicious bite that’s everything you love about pizza in an easy to grab-and-take bite. I love to dip these calzones in extra sauce, because who doesn’t love extra sauce?! Since they’re self-contained, these calzones are great for lunches too. Or make them bigger for individual dinner portions served along with a yummy salad. The possibilities are endless!
Hungry for More?
Mini Sausage and Pepperoni Calzone Recipe:
Mini Sausage and Pepperoni Calzones
Yield 12 mini calzones
These Mini Sausage and Pepperoni Calzones are the best finger food! They're great for parties, or pack them in your lunch!
1 pizza dough (store-bought or homemade)
1/2 cup pizza sauce (use your favorite), plus more for dipping
1/4 pound ground Italian sausage, cooked and chopped
20 pepperoni slices, cut into strips or diced
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface until about 1/4-inch thick. Flour your rolling pin and rolling surface as needed.
- Use a 5-inch diameter (open side) bowl (or round cookie cutter) to cut the dough into rounds. set aside the excess dough to re-roll later.
- In a small bowl, combine the mozzarella, parmesan, and Italian seasoning.
- On each round add 1/2 tablespoon pizza sauce to one side of the dough and spread a little. (You want to leave one-half of the dough plain since it'll be folded over the top.) Top the sauce with sausage, pepperoni, and cheese mixture. Repeat with the other dough rounds.
- Fold the plain half of the dough over the filled half of the calzone. Tuck the bottom edge over the top and pinch to seal the edge of the calzone. Repeat with all the calzones.
- Use a sharp knife to cut two slits in the tops of the calzones for steam vents.
- Reapte dough rolling, filling, and finish steps for the remaining ingredients until all the dough and fillings have been used.
- Place the calzones on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden.
- Carefully remove from the oven. Let cool for a couple minutes and then transfer to a serving plate. Serve with extra pizza sauce for dipping.
Here’s another great pizza recipe to try!
And for more delicious pizza inspired dishes, try these: