The flavors of a delicious, cheesy pizza in a fun to eat pull apart muffin! Perfect as an after school snack or as a yummy alternative to traditional rolls.
I am always looking to come up with new and different after school snack ideas for my kids. Some of our recent favorites are Spicy Ranch Pretzel Sticks and Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Sticks. My kids love pizza (who doesn’t – and if you don’t, we probably can’t be friends), so when I saw a few different ideas for monkey bread, I thought how fun it would be to have a pizza version.
These Pizza Pull Apart Muffins are incredibly easy and take about 20 minutes to make. They start with a can of Flaky Biscuits, with each biscuit cut into quarters then dipped in pizza sauce mixed with shredded Mozzarella and chopped fresh basil.
Next three of the biscuit pieces are placed in each muffin cup. There will be enough for ten full cups, with two chunks leftover. Just put the two in the 11th muffin cup – it will just be a little smaller. Make sure to grease the muffins cups well.
Top the pizza muffins with more shredded Mozzarella and fresh chopped basil. Be sure to stuff a little cheese into the crevasses of the muffin.
Bake the muffins for about 15-17 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
My daughter was over the moon excited about these pizza muffins, and can’t wait to have them again after school today. That is, if I haven’t eaten them all before she gets home.
- 1 can Flaky Biscuits 8 biscuits
- 1 jar Pizza Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups freshly shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour half of the jar of pizza sauce (about 1 cup) into a large bowl. Mix in about a cup of the shredded Mozzarella and about half of the basil.
- Open biscuits and cut each one into quarters, dropping them into the pizza sauce. Stir just enough to coat.
- Place three of the coated biscuit chunks into 10 cups of a well greased muffin pan. The two remaining chunks can be placed into the 11th cup. Top with remaining Mozzarella and basil.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before gently loosening the muffins with a knife and removing from the pan.
- Serve with remaining pizza sauce or ranch for dipping.
For more delicious snacks, try these:
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.