Savory Smoked Sausage wrapped in crispy, flaky crescent rolls make the perfect game day snack!
These Smoked Sausage Bites are like a grown up version of “Pigs in a Blanket” with the savory, smokey flavor of turkey sausage wrapped in flaky crescent rolls. Serve them hot out of the oven with a sweet and spicy Honey Mustard dip and they are ready for half time!
They are incredibly easy to make, too. Just roll out crescent dough sheets and wrap a sausage link in the dough. Be sure to press the seams together. Try to stretch the dough enough so that you get two layers all the way around the sausage.
Then cut the sausage into half inch slices and place each piece into a well greased muffin cup. Bake for about 10 minutes, and serve them immediately.
Sprinkle some Cheddar-Jack cheese on top before baking for even more flavor!
These delectable little snacks aren’t just for game day, my kids love them as an after school snack too. They take minutes to make and they disappear just as quickly!
- 2 Sausage links Smoked, Andouille or Hot Links; approx. 6"
- 1 package Refrigerated Crescent Rolls
Honey Mustard Dip
- 2 parts Spicy Mustard
- 1 part Honey
Honey Mustard Dip
- Whisk together ingredients until smooth. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare muffins pans by spraying the cups generously with cooking spray.
- Roll out crescent roll dough and separate in half at the seam, so you have two rectangles each with four triangles. Press the seams of the triangles together, and roll or press the dough out lengthwise. Place a sausage at one end of the rectangle and roll up in the dough. Press the seam to seal.
- Cut the dough wrapped sausages into half inch slices and place one in each muffin cup.
- If desired, sprinkle a teaspoon of cheese over each piece.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes before removing sausage bites from the cups.
- Serve immediately with honey mustard dip.
For more delicious game day snack ideas, try these: