If you’re looking for a quick and easy meal that’s ready in under 20 minutes, your family will love this French Bread Pizza recipe! Plus it’s super easy to customize with your favorite toppings!
Easy French Bread Pizza
Quick and easy is the name of the game when it comes to feeding my kids. They don’t need or want extravagant meals to keep them satisfied. But if I can manage to make one of their favorite foods just a little bit healthier, and still prepare it in under 20 minutes, I’m happy! Whether you are a stay at home mom or a working outside the home mom, you don’t want to spend all of your free time in the kitchen. I’m working on switching up some of our favorite recipes to be able to have dinner on the table in 20 minutes or less.
How to make french bread pizza
- Start by slicing a loaf of french bread in half lengthwise and smothering on some delicious pizza or spaghetti sauce. I like meat on my pizza, so I’ll add some Italian sausage right into the sauce to keep it from falling off the pizza.
- Top that sauce with lots and lots of freshly grated cheese. You can use the traditional mozzarella, some cheddar jack or even get fancy with some Gouda or Fontina. As long as it’s a good melty cheese it will work fine.
- Next you’ll add the toppings – veggies, pepperoni, pineapple – so many possibilities! Just pick your favorites; or if you’re making several slabs of french bread pizza you can customize them for everyone in your family.
- To finish it off, sprinkle with some Parmesan Cheese and Italian Seasoning, then bake in a 350 degree oven for about ten minutes. Perfection!
Cut french bread pizza into even slices. You can cut them into a triangle shape or just straight across into rectangles using a handy pizza cutter. Serve with a crisp green salad and some extra pizza sauce or homemade ranch dressing for dipping. This is a great meal for game day movie night, too – skip the salad and get all your veggies in on the pizza!
Turn French bread pizza into a fun appetizer!
If you need a fun and unique appetizer for your next party, mini french bread pizzas are a great idea! Slice a long, skinny baguette into 1/2 inch slices and lay them out flat on a baking sheet. Spread a little pizza sauce on each one then top with shredded cheese and your favorite toppings.
What to do with leftovers
Just like any leftover pizza, this recipe can be enjoyed cold if that’s your thing. To crisp up the crust, reheat in the oven at 350 for 5-7 minutes or until warmed and melty.
Want more PIZZA?
- Barbecue Chicken, Pineapple and Bacon Pizza
- Sloppy Joe Pizza
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Pizza
- Vegetable Flatbread Pizza
- Breakfast Pizza Recipe
- Hawaiian Pizza Dip
- 1 loaf of french bread
- 1-2 cup spaghetti sauce with or without meat
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Your favorite pizza toppings
- Slice french bread loaf in half, lengthwise.
- Spread each half evenly with spaghetti or pizza sauce.
- Top with Mozzarella Cheese.
- Add your favorite pizza toppings.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning, if desired.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and starting to brown.
- Allow to cool (and for cheese to "set"), then slice, serve and enjoy!
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.