This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
With only 3 ingredients and endless topping choices, homemade Pizza Bagels are an easy to make, easy to eat meal or snack.
If you’ve got 15-20 minutes, you can make these easy, kid-friendly pizza bagels. Spread on some Homemade Marinara Sauce, top with cheese, and bake! You can also add any of your favorite toppings like pepperoni slices, sausage, mushrooms, and bell peppers. For a meal, serve pizza bagels with a side of fruit, veggie sticks, or a salad.
Why It Works
- Kids love bagel pizzas as an afterschool snack or even for school lunches.
- They take less than 20 minutes to make from start to finish.
- Easy to customize with everyone’s favorite toppings.
- Use mini bagels to create your own homemade Bagel Bites!
- Pizza bagel ingredients are super simple and easy to find.
Ingredients for Pizza Bagels
- Bagels – Just plain bagels for the base of the pizzas. You could get crazy and use everything bagels or a cheesy bagel for extra flavor.
- Sauce – You can use pizza sauce, marinara sauce, or even spaghetti sauce. Even plain tomato sauce would work if that’s all you have on hand.
- Cheese – Mozzarella cheese is the obvious choice for pizza, but you can add Parmesan cheese or cheddar to the mix as well.
- Pizza Bagel Toppings – While cheese pizza is perfectly delicious, you might want to dress things up with some toppings. Mini pepperoni is a favorite around here, but sausage, bacon, mushrooms, olive, green peppers, onions, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes… the list goes on and the possibilities are endless!
How To Make Pizza Bagels
- Prep. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Slice the bagels in half and arrange them on the baking sheet.
- Add sauce and toppings. Spread some pizza sauce on each bagel half, then top with cheese. Add your favorite topping and more cheese, if desired.
- Bake until bubbly. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly and bagels are toasted.
- How to serve: Everyone loves to dip, so serving some ranch dressing, melted garlic butter, or extra pizza sauce on the side is a must!
- Make ahead: I don’t recommend making these ahead of time because the bread will get soggy as they sit.
- Storage: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days in an airtight container, or wrap tightly and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Reheating: For best results, bake the refrigerated leftover bagels in the oven. Wrap in loosely in foil, then bake for 8-10 minutes at 350℉ or until heated through. You can also microwave on a plate for 30 seconds. From frozen, bake uncovered for 10-13 minutes.
While microwaving is an option that will technically work, for best results you want to bake them in the oven. The bagels will get nice and toasty and the cheese, bubbly and golden.
Bake the pizza bagels for about 8-10 minutes. Depending on the size of the bagels and the amount of toppings, it could take a little more or a little less time.
More Snack Recipes You’ll Love
- Snacks All Kids Will Love
- Soft and Chewy Homemade Pretzels
- Easy Muddy Buddies Recipe
- Caramel Popcorn
- Easy Homemade Taco Pizza
- 3 plain bagels
- 6 ounces pizza sauce
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella
- Optional Toppings: Pepperoni, olives, green peppers, sausage, mushrooms etc.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cover a baking sheet with foil.
- Arrange bagel halves on the sheet and spread pizza sauce on each bagel. Sprinkle on cheese and add toppings.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until bubbly and golden. Let cool for several minutes before serving.