When the kids are hungry, they’ll make sure you know it! I’ve compiled a list of snacks for kids that are my go-to. No matter what your kids’ needs are, I’ve got you covered! Whether you have a picky eater, a child with a nut allergy, or are looking for sugar-free snack options.
These snacks for kids are the perfect solution for school lunches, after school snacks, on the go, or even a birthday party or sleepover. I promise that these snack recipes will be a hit with your kids and help keep everyone in the house happy.
Not only are these snacks a hit with my own kids, but I love them all too! Kid-friendly recipes that even adults can enjoy? I call that a major win-win!
Easy Snacks for Kids
When the kids are hungry, I’m looking for a snack that can be made quickly and with simple ingredients. From recipes with only a couple of ingredients to recipes that don’t require any cooking, these snacks for kids are what you need. Perfect for when you’re short on time or short on ingredients.
- Stovetop Popcorn – You can’t beat buttery, salty popcorn and this foolproof stovetop is so much better than the microwave bags.
- Easy Muddy Buddies – It takes only 10 minutes to make this fun, sweet snack. The perfect combination of chocolate, peanut butter, and crispy cereal.
- Banana Peach Smoothie – Smoothies are perfect for a healthy, on the go snack! This peach smoothie is creamy and even has protein from the greek yogurt.
- Cream Cheese Fruit Dip – This creamy, fluffy dip will be a family favorite! It takes only 3 ingredients and just minutes to whip up.
- Baked Ham & Cheese Roll-Ups – Roll up ham and cheese slices in pizza dough to make a super fun snack! Kids love the spiral look of them.
- Fluffernutter Dip – Peanut butter and marshmallow creme combine to make this sweet and creamy dip. Kids can enjoy it with fresh fruit, cookies, pretzels, and more!
- Apple Nachos – Drizzle apple slices with peanut butter, granola, and chopped peanuts for a super easy, yet healthy snack.
- Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars – You only need 3 simple ingredients to make these cereal bars for an easy snack. They’re even no-bake!
Nut-Free Snacks for Kids
If you have a nut allergy in the house, you know how hard it can be to find nut-free snacks in the store. You have to constantly check labels to make sure it’s safe to eat. Making homemade kid snacks lets you control the ingredients so you know that it’s safe.
Even if you don’t have any allergies in your house, it’s always a good idea to have some nut-free options to serve to their friends or bring to games and parties.
- Homemade Granola Bars – You won’t believe how easy it is to make homemade granola bars! Customize them with your kids favorite mix-ins for the perfect lunchbox addition or on the go snack.
- Garlic Bread Chex Mix – Crunchy and loaded with garlic and parmesan flavor. This fun twist on Chex Mix is easily made on a sheet pan in under 15 minutes.
- Pizza Pinwheels – Turn crescent dough into pizza pinwheels! Kids will love dipping them in marinara at your next family movie night or sleepover.
- Slushy Frozen Fruit Cups – Filled with oranges, pineapple, peaches, and bananas in an icy slush. These are great for an afternoon snack!
- Potato Chip Cookies – These cookies are the perfect combination of salty and sweet. Chewy with a little crunch from the chips and, of course, lots of chocolate chips.
- Caramel Popcorn – Sweet, buttery, and crunchy! It only takes a few ingredients to make and kids will love the sweet and sticky spin on regular popcorn.
- Corn Dog Mini Muffins – The delicious taste of everyone’s favorite fair food in mini form! Kids will love dipping these in ketchup for a fun snack.
Sugar-Free Snacks for Kids (no added sugar)
It feels like sugar is snuck into almost every store-bought snack at the grocery store. Even in foods that you wouldn’t expect! Making your kid snacks from scratch is a great way to control the sugar content.
You can feel good about making one of these sugar-free snacks for kids! With no added sugar, these recipes are a healthier choice for snack time. From naturally sweetened snacks made with fresh fruit to easy on-the-go protein and crunchy, salty snacks your kids will love these snacks and you’ll love the ingredients!
- Instant Pot Applesauce – Sweet, tart, and it only takes about 20 minutes in your Instant Pot. You can use your favorite apples to make this no sugar added snack!
- Easy Yogurt Parfait – Get the kids involved and have them help layer their parfaits. They’ll love adding their toppings and you can feel good about the low sugar and added protein from the greek yogurt.
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs – Using your Instant Pot to make hard boiled eggs results in perfectly cooked eggs every time! A consistent method for a healthy breakfast or after school snack.
- Spicy Ranch Pretzel Sticks – Buttery, spicy pretzel sticks take snacking to a new level! The ranch seasoning coating takes the pretzels over the top.
- Air Fryer Apple Chips – Easily turn apples into a crispy, crunchy, and healthy snack. Using the air fryer makes the process so much faster!
- Homemade Fruit Pops – Turn fresh or frozen fruit and your favorite no sugar added fruit juice into fruit pops for kids to enjoy on a warm day.