Feel good about dessert with this Easy Cream Cheese Fruit Dip! With just 3 ingredients it whips up in minutes, and is a delicious snack for the whole family!
Easy Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
My kids are total fruit lovers. If they had their way they be eating big bowls of fresh fruit with every single meal. Oranges, apples, watermelon, berries, you name it and they love it. My son could easily go through 2 pints of raspberries in one sitting!
I picked up three baskets of strawberries from a local stand a few weeks ago. We are in southern California so we are super lucky and get this gorgeous fruit for months before most states. You guys those three huge baskets were gone in a day. No joke. And they didn’t even have this delicious cream cheese fruit dip to slather on their berries! I imagine if they did, those baskets would have been empty within the hour.
Because they love it so much, I always keep lots of fresh fruit on hand. And at least once a month I’ll whip up this amazing yogurt fruit dip for them to indulge in with their 18 servings of fruit a day!
Why is Cream Cheese Fruit Dip so Awesome?
- It’s so simple to make with just 3 ingredients.
- It’s a great way to get your kids to eat more fruit.
- Whips up in minutes making it a great snack for after school that your kids can make themselves!
How to Make Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
Creamy, simple, delicious. Three words I’d use to describe this amazing fruit dip. It literally whips up in minutes and all you need are three ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen!
- Cream cheese
- Vanilla Yogurt
- Brown sugar
Of course if you want to add fruit to that list the possibilities are endless. But for the actual dip it’s really just 3 ingredients!
To make this cream cheese fruit dip you’ll need a hand mixer and a medium-sized bowl. Using the hand mixer helps to work some air in and get the cream cheese light and fluffy. Then you’ll stir in the yogurt and the brown sugar. I used vanilla yogurt, but you really could use any flavor you like. I think lemon would taste pretty amazing with the fruit! Or, if you prefer you could use plain yogurt and be able to really taste the warmth of the brown sugar.
No matter what flavoring you go with, be assured that this cream cheese fruit dip will have your kids begging for fruit with breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack!
Tips and Tricks
- Store leftover fruit dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator and it will stay fresh up to 5 days. I don’t recommend freezing as the dip would become watery upon thawing.
- Cream Cheese Dip can be made a day or two in advance so it’s perfect for easy party prep. Set it out 15 minutes before serving to let it soften up a bit.
- To lighten up the dip and save a few calories, use a light cream cheese (Neufchatel) and greek yogurt.
- Chop your fruit just before serving so it will stay fresh and not brown.
- In addition to chopped fruit, add some graham crackers, pretzels or nilla wafer to your serving plate for dipping.
How to Customize Yogurt Fruit Dip
This cream cheese fruit dip is creamy and sweet and has a delicate, warm vanilla flavor. With a mild flavor base, you could easily change the flavor profile by adding a couple of additional ingredients. Changing the flavor of the yogurt will also change the flavor of the dip.
- Sugar and Spice: Add 1/2 a teaspoon of ground cinnamon and a pinch of ground nutmeg.
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip: Replace the yogurt with canned pumpkin and add a 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin spice.
- Chocolate Dip: Add 1/4 cup of cocoa powder and 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips.
- S’mores: Add 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of marshmallow bits. Serve with fruit and graham crackers for dipping.
- Lemon: Replace the vanilla yogurt with lemon and add squeeze of fresh lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon of lemon zest.
Here are some more desserts dips to try:
Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 8 ounces Vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4-1/2 cup light brown sugar
- Fruit for dipping strawberries, bananas, kiwi, pineapple, oranges, apples, etc.
- Beat cream cheese for 2 minutes until fluffy. Stir in yogurt and 1/4 of brown sugar until well combined. Add more brown sugar if you'd like your fruit dip to be a little sweeter.
- Pour into a serving bowl and chill for 1 hour.
- Serve chilled, with sliced fruit for dipping.
- Store in a tightly sealed container for up to 5 days. Stir before serving.
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.