Last updated on
This Hot Chocolate Dip Recipe is the easiest and most festive dessert you’ll have this holiday season! With only three ingredients you’ll whip this together in no time. Serve with graham crackers, cookies or pretzels for dipping.
The year is coming to a close and it’s time to slow down to be able to enjoy more of this Hot Chocolate Dip!
It’s festive and easy which are two of my favorite things this time of year. I know everyone has a ton of things on their mind so keeping things simple is a huge plus. Luckily, this chocolate dip recipe only has 3 ingredients. You read that right – three! What’s even better is that it’s a no bake dessert. It can be thrown together in under 10 minutes. As long as your Cool Whip has thawed, this takes no time at all.
How to Make Hot Chocolate Dip
I’m not sure about you, but when I think of hot chocolate, I think of creamy hot cocoa with lots of mini marshmallows on top. This dip combines all of those things in one bite. The Cool Whip and marshmallow fluff combine into this lighter than air dip and adding hot cocoa mix makes it that much more like taking a bite of a perfect hot chocolate.
- Start by combining thawed Cool Whip and Marshmallow Fluff in a big bowl using an electric mixer.
- To keep it easy, I usually buy the individual packets of hot chocolate which range from about .85 to 1.25 ounces. I used three .85 oz packets for the recipe which was about ⅓ cup of hot chocolate mix if you have a larger container of it. I think this amount gives it enough chocolate flavor without losing the marshmallow or whipped cream flavors!
- Pour the hot dip into a small bowl and serve with cookies, graham crackers, or even animal crackers. Don’t forget the mini marshmallows on top!
To make it even more festive for the holidays, you could sprinkle in mini M&Ms or crushed candy canes to give it a different flavor. I’m partial to keeping it simple and classic, but it could be fun to make a hot chocolate dip bar with different toppings and dippers. Make it Mexican Hot Chocolate Dip and add a teaspoon of ground cinnamon!
Hot Chocolate Dip Recipe Tips
I really can’t say enough good things about this easy dip recipe. After I made it for the first time, my family decided that dessert for dinner might be in order. After making it a few times I’ve got some tips to share.
- Use a hand or stand mixer to combine the ingredients. The marshmallow fluff is pretty sticky at first and will stick to a wooden spoon.
- Find a festive bowl to pour the dip into. An extra large coffee mug adds a fun touch.
- Get creative with the dippers. You can keep it simple with graham crackers or vanilla wafers, or have some fun with animal crackers, pretzels or even fruit.
- Sprinkle extra hot chocolate mix on top for a little extra garnish.
- Store hot chocolate dip in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Must Try Holiday Desserts and Treats
- Sugar Cookie Dip
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip
- Peanut Butter Apple Dip
- Pinwheel Christmas Cookies
- Christmas Tree Fruit & Cheese Platter
- Buttered Rum Fudge
Hot Chocolate Dip
- 7.5 ounces marshmallow fluff
- 8 ounces Cool Whip thawed
- 1/3 cup hot chocolate mix 3 .85-ounce packets
- To serve: Animal crackers or graham crackers
- For garnish: mini marshmallows
- Using a hand mixer in a large bowl, blend together the marshmallow fluff, cool whip, and hot chocolate dip until creamy. Serve with animal or graham crackers!