Buttered Rum Fudge is a decadent grown-up treat you won’t be able to resist, with buttery rum flavor and a hint of sweet cinnamon and white chocolate.
Fudge is always a holiday favorite with my family. Whether it’s dark chocolate, semi-sweet, or white chocolate, the flavor possibilities are endless and oh so good! Another one of my favorite flavors this time of year is buttered rum. It’s so comforting and delicious…not to mention a little boozy. So I decided to bring these two recipes together into one decadent dessert you’ll love!
This fudge is crazy easy to make. Actually, if you can believe, this is the first homemade fudge I’ve ever made, and it was awesome! The spiced rum, butter, white chocolate, and cinnamon sprinkle invoke classic winter flavors for a holiday treat everyone will want the recipe for. My niece actually asked if this was eggnog flavored when she tried since the flavors are so similar. And then she went back for another piece.
HOW TO MAKE BUTTERED RUM FUDGE
With only five ingredients needed, this is a simple and easy holiday recipe you’ll want to make a little extra room on your Christmas cookie plate for; you’ll be glad you did!
Here are the ingredients needed to make this recipe:
- white chocolate chips
- can sweetened condensed milk
- rum extract
- Ground cinnamon
LET’S MAKE HOMEMADE BUTTERED RUM FUDGE!
- To begin, line a square baking dish with foil, pressing it into all of the corners and allowing it to hang over the edges a bit. The foil will make the removal of the fudge from the pan super easy because it gives you handles to lift the whole block out.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a microwave safe bowl and heat it in the microwave for a minute and a half.
- Pour the white chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl and pour the heated sweetened condensed milk over them, then let the chips and milk hang out for a minute before stirring them together until the mixture is nice and smooth. There shouldn’t be any lumps of chocolate chips left.
- Pour in the rum extract, melted butter and a pinch of salt, then carefully mix until completely combined. This will take a couple of minutes so don’t rush it. Taste and adjust the rum extract (adding more as needed) until you are happy with the flavor.
- Pour the fudge mixture into the prepared dish, then use a rubber or offset spatula to smooth it into an even layer. Tap the dish on the table a couple times to remove any bubbles and get out any holiday frustrations, then sprinkle a light dusting of ground cinnamon all over the top.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours, or until the candy has set. This is when you’re going to be happy you lined the pan and gave it little foil handles because you’re going to use them to lift the candy out of the pan and set it on a cutting board. Slice your fudge into bite-sized squares. You should get about 36 pieces, depending on how large you cut them.
Hungry for more?
FOR MORE DELICIOUS CANDY AND HOLIDAY TREATS, TRY THESE:
- Peppermint Oreo Truffles
- Peanut Butter Fudge
- Best Ever Chocolate Fudge Candy
- Crockpot Candy
- Best Peanut Butter Blossoms
Buttered Rum Fudge
- 3 1/2 cups white chocolate chips 22-24 ounces
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon rum extract plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Ground cinnamon for garnish
- Line an 8-inch x 8-inch baking dish with foil, pressing it into all of the corners and allowing it to hang over the edges a bit. Set aside.
- Place the white chocolate chips in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Carefully remove the bowl and immediately pour the milk over the chocolate chips.
- Allow the chocolate chip to melt for 1 minute before stirring. Stir until combined and smooth. (There should be no chocolate chip chunks hanging out.)
- Pour in the rum extract and butter and add the salt. Carefully mix until completely combined. This will take a couple of minutes, don't rush it. Taste the fudge and adjust the rum extract (adding more as needed) until the flavor is to your liking.
- Pour the fudge mixture into the prepared dish. Use a rubber or offset spatula to smooth the fudge into an even layer. Tap the dish on the table a couple times to remove any bubbles.
- Sprinkle a light dusting of cinnamon all over the top of the fudge.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours, or until the fudge has set. Remove the fudge from the fridge and cut into 36 pieces.