Buttered Rum Fudge is a decadent grown-up treat you won’t be able to resist. It’s white chocolate fudge with a buttery rum flavor and a hint of sweet cinnamon.
White chocolate fudge is always a holiday favorite with my family. Of course we love all kinds of fudge, including Peppermint Fudge, Peanut Butter Fudge, and Classic Chocolate Fudge. But there’s just something special about this White Chocolate Buttered Rum fudge that’s so comforting and delicious…not to mention a little boozy.
The spiced rum, butter, white chocolate, and cinnamon sprinkle invoke classic winter flavors for a holiday treat everyone will want the recipe for.
Ingredients for Buttered Rum White Chocolate Fudge
- White chocolate chips – Because this is the base for the recipe, you want a good quality white chocolate, Ghirardelli or Guittard.
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Rum extract – This typically does have alcohol in it, but some brands are alcohol free. Be sure to read the labels on the one you buy.
- Butter – Melted and added with the rum extract.
- Ground cinnamon – Sprinkled on top for garnish so you just need a little bit.
How to Make Buttered Rum Fudge
Just five ingredients is all you need to make this delicious holiday treat. It’s super simple to whip up but does need a few hours to set, so plan according.
Prep the pan (2 minutes): Line a square baking dish with foil, pressing it into all of the corners and allowing it to hang over the edges a bit. These will be your “handles” to lift the fudge out of the pan once it’s set.
Melt the white chocolate (3-4 minutes): Warm the sweetened condensed milk in the microwave and pour it over the white chocolate chips. Stir together to melt. This will allow the chocolate to melt without scorching.
Stir together (2-3 minutes): Stir in the rum extract, melted butter and a pinch of salt, and gently stir until the whole mixture is well combined. This will take a couple of minutes so don’t try to rush it. Taste your fudge and add more rum extract until you are happy with the flavor.
Spread in the pan (2 minutes): Pour into the foil liked dish and spread evenly with an offset spatula. Tap the dish on the table a couple times to remove any bubbles and get out any holiday frustrations, then sprinkle a light dusting of ground cinnamon all over the top.
Chill (3-4 hours): Refrigerate for 3-4 hours, remove from the pan and cut into squares.
Refrigerator: This is a great treat to make ahead of time and package as gifts for the holiday season. Stored in an airtight container in the fridge it will last for 3-4 weeks.
Freezer: While you technically can freeze fudge, it will change the texture and can become grainy. If you want to give it a try, wrap tightly in a few layers of plastic wrap and place into a freezer bag. Thaw at room temperature.
More Holiday Treats to Love
- Peppermint Oreo Truffles
- Crockpot Candy
- Salted Buttered Rum Caramels
- Pistachio & Irish Cream Fudge
- Rum-Soaked Honey Pound Cake
Buttered Rum Fudge
- 3 1/2 cups white chocolate chips 22-24 ounces
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon rum extract plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Ground cinnamon for garnish
- Line an 8-inch x 8-inch baking dish with foil, pressing it into all of the corners and allowing it to hang over the edges a bit. Set aside.
- Place the white chocolate chips in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave for 90 seconds.
- Carefully remove the bowl and immediately pour the milk over the chocolate chips. Allow the chocolate chip to melt for 1 minute before stirring. Stir until combined and smooth.
- Pour in the rum extract and butter and add a pinch of salt. Carefully mix until completely combined. Taste the fudge and adjust the rum extract (adding more as needed) until the flavor is to your liking.
- Pour the fudge mixture into the prepared dish. Use a rubber or offset spatula to smooth the fudge into an even layer. Tap the dish on the table a couple times to remove any bubbles.
- Sprinkle a light dusting of cinnamon all over the top of the fudge.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours, or until the fudge has set. Remove the fudge from the fridge and cut into 36 pieces.