You know what’s better than the store-bought granola bars we all loved as kids? Homemade Granola Bars! They’re so easy to make with simple ingredients- a snack the whole family will love.
HOMEMADE GRANOLA BARS
I’m not sure I’ve ever met a person who doesn’t love eating a granola bar. Growing up, they always felt like a special treat! When I had to choose the snacks to bring to summer camp each year, you can bet granola bars were at the top of my list.
I’ve never tried my hand at making them myself, but my oldest daughter is getting ready to start kindergarten (!!!) so I figured I’d try my hand at creating a granola bars recipe. I kept the ingredients simple, using items that we typically all keep in our pantries. And I was thrilled with how easily these came together.
HOW TO MAKE GRANOLA BARS
- Preheat the oven and grease an 8″ x 8″ baking pan. Line the pant with parchment paper, leaving a couple inches out on both sides for easy removal after baking and set aside.
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl until well combined (only use 2/3 of the mini chocolate chips, you’ll use the rest for topping).
- Press the mix into the prepared pan and press it down well into an even layer (I use a flat-bottom drinking glass to push it well).
- Bake for 30 minutes and then cool completely.
- Remove from the pan and slice into bars. Enjoy!
Can I use a different add-on instead of mini chocolate chips?
Sure! These homemade granola bars are completely customizable.
- Dried fruit
- Chopped nuts
- mini marshmallows and small, broken bits of graham crackers for S’mores flavored!
- Mini M&Ms
- Mini white chocolate chips
How long do these easy granola bars last?
These will last up to a week in an airtight container at room temperature. If you want to make them last longer, individually wrap them tightly in parchment paper and secure with tape. Keep the wrapped bars in an airtight container and they should last up to a month. You can also freeze homemade granola bars for up to six months. Just be sure to thaw overnight before packing in lunches.
If you’ve made this recipe, please come back and leave us a star rating or a comment below. Or, tag us on social media @yellowblissroad or #yellowblissroad for a chance to be featured.
Homemade Granola Bars
You know what's better than the store-bought granola bars we all loved as kids? Homemade Granola Bars! They're so easy to make with simple ingredients- a snack the whole family will love.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Total Time 30 mins
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large pinch kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray cooking spray onto an 8" x 8" baking pan and line with parchment paper, leaving a couple inches out on the sides (for easy removal later). Set aside.
- Mix all ingredients well in a large mixing bowl (pull aside a couple tablespoons of chocolate chips before adding them for topping later).
- Pour the granola into the prepared pan and press in to form an even layer. Then take a drinking glass with a flat bottom and use that to press it in even tighter.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until it's beginning to turn golden. Cool completely (around an hour).
- Pull the extra parchment on the sides to remove the granola bar in one piece. Cut once in across the center and then slice in the other direction to get 12 bars total. Serve immediately or store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to a week.
Calories: 127kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 2gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 48mgPotassium: 48mgFiber: 1gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 320IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 8mgIron: 2mg