This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Move over frozen pizza rolls! These freshly made, delicious air fryer pizza rolls are homemade with store-bought wonton wrappers to make assembly a cinch. Customize this recipe with your favorite pizza roll fillings.Pin this recipe for later!
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe
- Homemade Pizza Rolls – Making pizza rolls from scratch is so much tastier than store-bought and you’ll be surprised how easy they are!
- Uses Wonton Wrappers – Using wonton wrappers for the ‘crust’ is my favorite shortcut!
- Crispy and Cheesy – Making pizza rolls in the air fryer means they get perfectly crispy on the outside with gooey cheese on the inside.
- Quick and Easy Snack – Making homemade pizza rolls is so easy! They cook FAST in the air fryer for a fun appetizer or snack.
- Better For You – The homemade pizza rolls are more wholesome than the store-bought frozen ones, so that’s something you can feel good about.
Ingredients For Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Refrigerated Wonton Wrappers – Instead of fussing with making dough, these are the best shortcut!
- Egg – Beaten and used as an egg wash to seal the edges
- Jarred Pizza Sauce – Use your favorite jarred pizza or marinara sauce.
- Finely Diced Mozzarella Cheese – Don’t use shredded as it makes it harder to roll up
- Pepperoni – You’ll finely dice this as well
- Oil or Cooking Spray
- Optional Topping: Grated parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, salt, fresh or dried parsley
How To Make This Air Fryer Pizza Rolls Recipe
See recipe card below for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
Prep Wonton Wrappers – Lay out a few wonton wrappers on a plate and cover the rest with a damp paper towel. Add sauce, cheese and toppings.
Fold – Fold the bottom corner up over the filling and roll it forward. Tuck in the sides and continue to roll and tuck like you would a burrito or egg roll. Press the edges gently to seal and place on a plate or baking sheet. Spray or brush with oil.
Air Fry – Arrange a few pizza rolls in your air fryer basket and air fry at 375℉ for 3-5 minutes.
Flip and Finish – Turn the rolls over and air fry for an additional 3 minutes. Check the rolls often, once cheese begins to come out you can remove them.
Toss and Serve – Remove pizza rolls from the basket and toss with your choice of toppings (grated Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic powder, oregano, basil, etc.). Serve immediately with more pizza sauce, or ranch dressing for dipping.
You can also cook store-bought frozen pizza rolls in the air fryer. Air fry the frozen pizza rolls in a single layer at 380℉ for 6 minutes, give the basket a shake, and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
The uncooked pizza rolls can be frozen on a sheet pan then transferred to a zip top freezer bag and stored in the freezer for up to 1 month. Cook from frozen as directed, but you may need to add another minute or two to the cooking time.
While it’s traditional to bake pizza rolls in the oven, I love using the air fryer as they cook faster and the outsides get crispier!
They are best enjoyed right after cooking. You may keep leftover cooked rolls in the refrigerator for up to two days. Reheat in the air fryer at 350° for about 2-3 minutes, or until warmed through.
- Finely Dice Cheese and Pepperoni – It’s very important to chop the mozzarella and pepperoni into a very fine dice. The tiny pieces will stay put while you roll up the pizza roll. Shredded cheese, or large pieces of pepperoni will be difficult to roll up, and you won’t be able to get as much filling into them.
- Trouble Rolling? If you have trouble rolling them up, you can also just fold the wonton wrapper in half lengthwise.
- Don’t Use Too Much Sauce – Using more than ½ teaspoon of sauce will make it difficult to roll up the pizza rolls. Be sure to add it first, then place the cheese and pepperoni on top of the sauce.
- Other Filling Ideas – Try adding finely crumbled bacon, sausage, or finely diced cooked veggies. Just be sure to not exceed 2 teaspoons filling per roll.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Texas Toast Garlic Bread
- Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Easy Air Fryer Home Fries
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Air Fryer
- 24 refrigerated wonton wrappers
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 jar of your favorite pizza sauce
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese finely diced (not shredded) *see notes
- ¼ cup pepperoni finely diced
- Canola oil or cooking spray
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Pinch salt
- 1 Tablespoon fresh or dry chopped parsley
- Lay out a few wonton wrappers on a plate or cutting board, keep remaining wonton wrappers covered with a damp paper towel while working. Brush around the edge of each wonton wrapper with the beaten egg.
- Place ½ teaspoon pizza sauce in the middle of the wonton wrapper, toward the bottom. Top the sauce with a teaspoon each mozzarella and pepperoni. Fold up the bottom corner up over the filling and roll it forward. Tuck in the corners on the sides and continue to roll and tuck like you would a burrito or egg roll. Press the edges gently to make sure it’s sealed shut. Place assembled pizza rolls on a plate or sheet tray, brush all sides generously with canola oil, or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange a few pizza rolls in the basket of your air fryer, using a parchment paper air fryer liner if you’d like to. Air fry at 375℉ for 3-5 minutes, flip and air fry for an additional 3 minutes. Check the rolls often, once cheese begins to come out you can remove them. *If you’d like them crispier, and the cheese has not begun to come out of the rolls yet, you can air fry the rolls for a couple minutes at 425℉ instead after flipping them.
- While the pizza rolls are cooking, mix the topping ingredients together in a small bowl. When the pizza rolls are finished cooking, toss them with the topping and serve immediately with more pizza sauce, or ranch dressing for dipping.
- It’s super important to chop mozzarella, pepperoni and any other toppings into a fine dice or you won’t be able to rolls up the wrapper properly and topping will fall out.
- If you are having trouble rolling them up, you can just fold the wonton wrapper in half lengthwise.
- Do not exceed 2 teaspoons of filling per roll
- Make Ahead: Freeze uncooked rolls on a sheet pan, then place in a zip top freezer bag for up to 1 month. Cook from frozen as directed here, but add 1-2 minutes to the cooking time.
- These pizza rolls are best enjoyed right after cooking but can be refrigerated for up to 1-2 days. Reheat in the air fryer at 350 for about 2-3 minutes, or until warmed through.