This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Air Fryer Green Beans are a super easy side dish! Cooking green beans in the air fryer gives perfect results every time – tender crisp beans with a delicious roasted flavor. Drizzle them with an easy garlic butter sauce to make them out of this world tasty.
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Easy Air Fryer Green Beans Recipe
- Ready in less than 15 minutes – Cooking green beans in the air fryer is so fast! Just 5 minutes of prep time and 8 minutes to cook!
- Versatile, delicious side dish – This is one of those vegetable side dish recipes that has such a versatile flavor and can be paired with almost anything!
- Easy ingredients – All you need are fresh green beans and a few pantry staples.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Green Beans
Simple ingredients make for some of the best recipes and this is no exception!
- Fresh Green Beans – Look for a bright green color with little to no brown spots.
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper
- Garlic, Butter, and Italian Seasoning – To make an easy homemade seasoned butter.
- Fresh Herbs – Optional, for garnishing.
How To Make Green Beans in the Air Fryer
See recipe card below for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
It takes less than 10 minutes to cook green beans in the air fryer and only a few minutes of prep!
Prep. Rinse, dry, and chop (or snap) off the ends of the green beans. I also like to preheat the air fryer by letting it run empty for a few minutes to heat up.
Season. Toss the prepped green beans with the olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
Air Fry. Add the seasoned green beans to your air fryer basket and air fry for about 8 minutes. I recommend giving them a toss/turn about halfway through so they cook evenly.
Make the Garlic Butter. While the green beans are cooking you can make a easy seasoned garlic butter sauce. Melt the butter in a small skillet then add the garlic and Italian seasoning and cook until fragrant. This should only take a couple of minutes.
Serve. Remove the green beans from the air fryer, drizzle with the seasoned melted butter, and garnish with fresh herbs.
While I prefer using fresh green beans, you can totally cook frozen green beans if that’s what you have!
For best results, I like to run the frozen beans under cool water to mostly thaw them. Then thoroughly pat dry with a towel before tossing with the oil and salt and pepper. You may need to add an extra minute or two to the cook time.
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can still easily cook green beans in the oven! Quickly roast at a high heat in the oven and then you can still drizzle them with the seasoned butter from this recipe.
Or to pair with the seasoned garlic butter try these easy garlic steak bites. They take only 10 minutes to cook so are ready when your green beans are.
Storage and Reheating
Storage: Leftover cooked green beans can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Freezing: Not recommended. Fully cooked green beans will have a softer, watery texture when thawed.
Reheating: You can reheat the leftovers in the air fryer for a few minutes until warmed. Or, in the microwave for 15-30 seconds.
- Trimming Green Beans – To prepare green beans, you want to remove the tough ends. You can either individually snap off the ends or I like to use a sharp knife to trim all of the ends at once.
- Variations – To mix it up you can add other spices to the green beans such as garlic powder or red pepper flakes for a kick. I also love to spritz the cooked green beans with fresh lemon juice or sprinkle with fresh grated parmesan cheese.
- Buying Fresh Green Beans – To pick out the best green beans, choose ones that are bright green without blemishes. They will be firm, not flimsy, and snap when broken in half.
- Don’t Overfill the Air Fryer – If you pile the green beans in too much, they won’t cook evenly or get that great roasted texture.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Air Fryer Carrots
- Tender and Juicy Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Crispy Air Fryer Fish Sticks
- Air Fryer Asparagus
Air Fryer Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Optional: fresh herbs, like parsley, chives or thyme
- Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees. Prepare beans for air frying by rinsing and drying thoroughly. Snap or chop off ends.
- In a large bowl, toss the green beans with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place in the basket of the preheated air fryer for 8 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and Italian seasoning and cook until fragrant. (About 2-3 minutes).
- Remove the beans from the air fryer and transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle with the seasoned butter.
- Serve immediately, garnished with fresh herbs if desired.