This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Air Fryer Carrots are a simple, healthy side dish that take less than 20 minutes to prepare. Learn how to make perfectly seasoned, delicious roasted carrots in your air fryer!
If you’re tired of having to eat your greens, it’s time to add some other colors into the mix! Air Fryer Carrots are a great side dish for just about any meal. They are light and fresh, so I love serving them with heavier comfort food type dishes, like Chicken Fried Chicken and make ahead mashed potatoes.
Cooking carrots in the air fryer helps bring out their natural sweetness. They don’t need a lot of seasoning, so I stuck with a simple salt and pepper and just a little olive oil to help give them a beautiful golden color.
The great thing about these air fryer carrots is that they take a fraction of the time it takes to roast carrots in the oven. They come out nice and tender, and not overly crispy, and they taste so good. Way better than you’d ever get from oven roasted.
Table of Contents
Air Fryer Carrots are Superior to All Other Carrots
Hear me out…
- They take about 5 minutes of prep and only 15 minutes to cook, compared to almost an hour for oven roasted carrots.
- The carrots have a beautiful roasted texture on the outside, and are tender and fluffy on the inside.
- It’s a healthy side dish that everyone loves.
- Easy to customize with different seasonings or flavors.
- This recipe is paleo, gluten free, dairy free, vegan, and Whole30 friendly.
- Carrots – I used baby carrots, picking out the really tiny ones because they’ll overcook. You can also use regular carrots; wash and peel them first, and cut them into sticks or chunks that are even in size.
- Olive Oil – I don’t use oil in my air fryer very often, but for veggies it helps to give them a nice texture and color. You can omit it, but it really helps with the texture and keeps the carrots from drying out
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper – This is the only seasoning I used, but with just enough to compliment their natural sweetness would shine. Feel free to add any seasonings you like.
Be sure to read the full instructions for the air fryer roasted carrots recipe in the recipe card below.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375℉. Most machines will heat up very quickly.
- Wash the carrots and pat them dry to remove any moisture. In a large bowl, toss the carrots with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. The oil doesn’t alter the flavors at all, just gives an overall better texture.
- Place carrots in the air fryer basket in a single layer. The cook time will vary depending on your preference, but it takes about 15 minutes. I recommend tossing the carrots one around the 7-8 minute mark.
- Remove from air fryer and transfer to a serving platter. I like to add a little color with fresh parsley, but that’s completely optional.
How to Serve
Carrots are a great side dish because they are easy, and well-liked by most. At least in my house, they are a top favorite contender.
Before serving, I recommend garnishing with fresh minced parsley, fresh rosemary, or fresh thyme. Then serve as the main side dish for one of our favorite proteins:
- Easy Baked BBQ Chicken
- Skillet Pork Chops with Gravy
- Baked Roast Beef Sliders
- Sheet Pan Shrimp and Asparagus
- Oven Baked Chicken Breasts
Frequently Asked Questions
It depends on the size of the carrots and how full you fill the basket. You can safely do 1-2 layers of carrots and it will take you about 15 minutes for them to be fork tender. However, doneness is a preference and you might want to start checking a few minutes earlier.
Yes! Air frying frozen vegetables is so much tastier than microwaving. You can even leave out the oil because they have moisture already. The directions are the same.
Storage and Reheating Tips
Storage: Cool leftovers and store them in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Reheating: You can reheat the carrots in your air fryer. Preheat to 325℉ and cook for about 5 minutes, shaking the air fryer basket about halfway through.
- You are welcome to omit the oil, but the carrots may come out dry. Carrots don’t have a high water content, so they tend to dry out when roasted. Coating them with a little oil helps to lock in their moisture and prevent them from drying out.
- Feel free to season as you like. Try adding garlic powder and paprika, or rosemary and thyme. Fresh herbs are great and make a great garnish before serving.
- For sweet carrots, toss with a little brown sugar, maple syrup or honey. It works deliciously for my Honey Roasted Carrots. Sprinkle on some ground cinnamon, too.
More Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love
- Crispy Air Fryer Bacon
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Air Fryer Tater Tots
- Crispy Air Fryer Cream Cheese Wontons
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Carrots
- Air Fryer
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Optional: chopped fresh parsley
- Prepare the air fryer by preheating to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the carrots with the extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Add herbs if desired.
- Place the carrots in the basket of the air fryer in a single layer.
- Cook for about 15 minutes, or until desired level of doneness is achieved. tossing the carrots halfway through cooking time.
- Remove from air fryer and serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.