This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Shrimp and Asparagus are light and fresh and bursting with flavor! With only 10 minutes of prep and 15 minutes to cook, this healthy one pan meal is great to add to your weekly meal rotation or for meal prep.
Serve this easy one pan meal with Coconut Rice, Fried Rice, or some Crispy Roasted Red Potatoes for a complete meal. Or, make a delicious, creamy shrimp and asparagus pasta with Alfredo Sauce!
I decided to keep things simple with this sheet pan shrimp and asparagus recipe. The shrimp is seasoned with Lawry’s Seasoned Salt (one of my favorite shortcut seasonings), plus a little lemon and butter. The asparagus is simply seasoned with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, but the lemon and butter do make their way over there for a surprising burst of zesty flavor.
Ingredients and Substitutions
For this easy shrimp and asparagus recipe, you’re just going to need a few seasonings, and those are totally customizable. But I’ll add some notes about how to choose your shrimp and asparagus.
- Shrimp – I always recommend buying fresh when you can. You want to look for large or jumbo size, which will have about 20-30 per pound. If you’re buying frozen it will be displayed on the bag.
- Asparagus – When selecting asparagus, I personally look for the medium to thin, skinnier spears. They tend to be less woody and they cook faster. Since asparagus os sold by the bundle, they keep similar thicknesses together which makes it easier to choose. You also want spears that are firm, not floppy.
- Shrimp Seasoning – Butter, lemon juice, seasoned salt.
- Asparagus Seasoning – Olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. I love the flavor of asparagus, so with dishes like this, or Sauteed Asparagus, I keep the seasonings simple.
How to Make Sheet Pan Shrimp and Asparagus
Asparagus prep: Snap off the woody ends or trim them with a knife if you want to make sure they are all the same length. Lay them on half of a baking sheet and toss with olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
Roast the asparagus for 5 minutes before adding the shrimp to the tray.
Shrimp prep: Toss shrimp with a little bit of olive oil and seasoned salt. Add it on the baking sheet, topped with lemon slices, on the other side of the asparagus, and slide back into the oven to cook for 5 minutes. Add butter slices on top, then 5 more minutes to cook.
Garnish with fresh minced parsley and serve immediately.
Expert Tips and FAQs
- Feel free to change up the seasonings and flavors as you like. Try adding fresh herbs to the asparagus or garlic to the shrimp.
- Make sure to purchase already peeled and deveined shrimp, otherwise you have to spend time doing that yourself. You can choose tails on or off depending on if you want a pretty presentation or easy to eat.
- Storage: Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Meal Prep: This recipe is great for meal prepping because you can make a lot and store in containers for lunches throughout the week. Enjoy reheated or cold; it’s delicious either day.
- Reheating: Shrimp can be really finicky to reheat, so the best way would be on the stovetop where you can control the heat. But if you need to use a microwave, do so in short bursts, then stir and check the temp.
- Love making a whole meal on a sheet pan? Try our Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas, Sheet Pan Lemon Pepper Shrimp, and Easy Shrimp Boil Sheet Pan Dinner.
More Shrimp Recipes You’ll Love
- BBQ Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Air Fryer Shrimp
- Classic Mexican Shrimp Ceviche
- Shrimp Po Boy Sandwich
- Shrimp Avocado Salad
Sheet pan Asparagus and Shrimp
- 1 lb asparagus stalky ends removed
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs shrimp peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon seasoned salt
- ½ lemon sliced thin
- 2 Tablespoons butter cut into small pieces
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and prepare a baking sheet by lining with aluminum foil or parchment.
- On half of the baking sheet, lay the asparagus out in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil and top with minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Roast for 5 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Meanwhile, prepare the shrimp by mixing with the olive oil and salt in a small bowl until evenly coated.
- When the asparagus is finished, remove from the oven and place the shrimp on the opposite half of the baking sheet, place the lemon on top.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then top the shrimp with the butter pieces and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven. Top with fresh parsley and serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.