Baked Chicken Fajitas are a quick and easy 30-minute meal! Chicken, bell peppers, onions, and a delicious blend of Mexican spices are baked on a sheet pan for a dinner that’s sure to be a new family favorite!
Chicken fajitas have been a dinner-time staple at my house for years. Fajitas caught on because of how easy they were to make and of course, they were so delicious! I love the flavorful spice blend used in fajitas, they taste so amazing. This is really the perfect meal to make for dinner on busy weeknights and this recipe feeds a crowd!
I highly suggest serving these baked chicken fajitas with shredded cheddar cheese, flour tortillas, fresh lime juice, and a bit of extra cilantro. I decided to try tackling making homemade flour tortillas to go with these chicken fajitas for the first time and they turned out so awesome. For years, I had been wanting to try making them but had been intimated so I was amazed with how easy they really were to make and how delicious they tasted! It was also a great use of my cast iron skillet, I used it to cook both sides of the tortillas. Cast iron skillets are one of my favorite kitchen items, they are just so versatile!
I think I could make these chicken fajitas for dinner every night, I just love them so much! We barely had any leftovers when I made them this time, it truly is a family favorite recipe that you are sure to love!
Baked Chicken Fajitas
Baked Chicken Fajitas are a quick and easy 30-minute meal! Chicken, bell peppers, onions, and a delicious blend of Mexican spices are baked on a sheet pan for a dinner that's sure to be a new family favorite!
Yield 6-8 fajitas
- 6-8 chicken tenderloins
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice bell peppers and onions 1/4" thick. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add in chicken. Add in remaining items and mix together well. The chicken and veggies should be well coated in spices.
- Transfer chicken and veggies to a sheet pan and spread out evenly. Place in oven and bake for 20-22 minutes or until chicken has cooked through.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cilantro for garnish.
Make sure to check out these amazing Mexican-inspired recipes!
Looking for more amazing dinner recipes? Check out these:
- Instant Pot Shredded Mexican Beef
- Chicken Taco Salad with Salsa Ranch Dressing
- Mini Ranch Chicken, Bean, and Cheese Quesadillas