Air Fryer Bacon will be your new favorite way to cook bacon! It’s fast, easy to clean up and the result is perfectly crispy and evenly cooked every time.
I absolutely love bacon for breakfast, but I also love it in things like Bacon Chicken Ranch Pasta, Bacon Bowtie Pasta, and Green Bean Casserole. I love the salty savoriness, the crispy crunch when you bite it…but what I don’t like, is a greasy mess all over my stove.
When you cook bacon in the air fryer, it’s a lot less messy, and the mess is totally contained within your machine instead of all over your kitchen. Plus, I’ve got some tips to help reduce the grease and prevent your unit from smoking.x
This really is the best way to cook a small batch of bacon for using in your favorite recipes. The air circulates so there is no need to flip it halfway through, and it comes out as crispy as you want it to every time.
Is air fryer bacon healthier?
Let’s face it, bacon isn’t a health food. But you can make it a little healthier by cooking it until it’s really crispy so more fat is rendered out.
How long do you cook bacon in the air fryer?
The timing depends on a few things, like how crispy you want your bacon to be, how thick the cut is and can even vary from unit to unit. I like my bacon super crispy and just shy of burnt. My husband prefers it to still be a little bit chewy.
Thick-Cut Bacon: Cook at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes for a less done, chewy texture and 10-12 minutes for crispy bacon.
Regular-Cut Bacon: Cook at 350 degrees for 7-9 minutes for a less done, chewy texture and 9-10 minutes for crispy bacon.
When in doubt, pull the basket out and take a look. Your eyes and nose won’t steer you wrong!
How to Prevent Smoking
- Lower temperature. The smoke point of bacon fat is between 375 and 400 degrees, so it’s best to air fry at 350 degrees to avoid smoking.
- Some people put water in the bottom of their unit to prevent smoking. Consult with your manufacturer’s guide before trying this technique.
- If you need to cook air fryer bacon in batches, make sure to wipe the inside of the unit clean after each batch.
- Different air fryers can vary, please confirm with manufacturer instructions.
- Use parchment paper (made for the air fryer) in the basket to catch drips.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- If your air fryer has multiple settings, use the “air fry” setting to cook with circulating air.
- Cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of the bacon you use. When in doubt, use your nose and eyes to determine doneness.
- Uncooked bacon in an unopened package will keep for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator and 8 months in the freezer.
- Cooked bacon will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days if stored properly in an airtight container and in the freezer for up to one month.
- You can use turkey bacon with this method as well.
Uses for Cooked Bacon
- Salads – Bacon Avocado Chicken Salad and Easy BLT Pasta Salad
- Next level breakfast foods – Bacon Pancakes
- Dips – Cheesy Hot Bacon Dip and BLT Dip
- Sandwiches and wraps – BLT Turkey Wraps
Air Fryer Bacon
- Air Fryer
- 1 lb package bacon
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Once the air fryer is preheated, place bacon in a single layer in the basket of the airfryer.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes for chewy bacon or 10-15 if you like your bacon for crispy bacon.
- Remove bacon from the air fryer and serve.