This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Texas Toast Garlic Bread is made with softened butter, garlic, and herbs spread onto thick slices of Texas Toast. Ready in minutes, this crunchy, buttery air fryer garlic bread is the perfect accompaniment for pasta, chicken, and so much more.
Making Texas Toast Garlic Bread in the air fryer is so easy! Slathered with savory garlic herb butter, this air fryer garlic bread is equal parts perfectly crispy and tender. It’s a must-have side dish for your favorite pastas, like Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole, Chicken Spaghetti, and Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta.Pin this recipe for later!
Table of Contents
Why We Love Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Super fast and easy: Ready in 10 minutes and with just 4 simple ingredients, air fryer Texas Toast Garlic Bread is one of the easiest side dishes ever, and perfect for a weeknight dinner.
- Easy to customize: Add a little Parmesan cheese or shredded mozzarella like I do with my Cheesy Garlic Bread, add more garlic or some dried basil. You can also easily customize the amount, adjusting the ingredients to make more or less.
- Freezer Friendly: Make a double batch and pop one in the freezer. When you’re ready, just air fry straight from the freezer!
Ingredients For Texas Toast Garlic Bread
- Bread – I love using Texas Toast because it’s thick and fluffy and it’s already sliced. You can also buy a loaf of french bread or Italian bread and cut the thick slices yourself.
- Butter – I use salted butter and it’s important that it’s softened to room temperature. If you use unsalted butter, add a pinch of salt to the mix.
- Garlic – Fresh is going to give you the very best flavor, but you can also use jarred, minced garlic.
- Parsley – I always have dried parsley on hand so that’s a really easy ingredient to use. If you have fresh parsley, use that, and just double the amount.
How To Make Garlic Bread in the Air Fryer
Get a detailed list of ingredients & instructions in the recipe card below.
- Prep. Set out the butter at least a half hour prior to making the bread. You can set it out overnight if you wish. Preheat the air fryer (depending on the model you have, this will probably take just a few minutes).
- Mix the garlic butter. Using a fork, combine the softened butter with the garlic and parsley.
- Spread on toast. Spread the garlic butter evenly on both sides of each slice of Texas Toast.
- Air fry. Drop the slices in the air fryer basket and cook for 5 minutes or until the bread is golden and crispy.
Everyone loves crispy, buttery garlic bread. Pair it with your favorite soup on a cold day, or serve a big platter of it with dinner. It’s especially perfect to enjoy with a big hearty plate of spaghetti with Homemade Spaghetti Sauce.
Some other favorite meals to serve garlic bread with:
- One Pot Chicken and Rice Casserole Recipe
- Instant Pot Pasta with Chicken
- Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken with Pasta
- Chopped Steaks with Mushroom Gravy
- Baked Chicken Meatballs
Make Ahead Garlic Bread
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that you can easily prep a few batches at once and freeze for garlic bread any time you want.
- Prep the garlic butter and spread on both sides of the bread.
- Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and pop in the freezer until solid (about an hour).
- Transfer frozen bread to a resealable freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- When you’ve got a craving, heat your air fryer and pop the bread in frozen. Cook for 4 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until the bread is nice and crispy.
Storage: If you have leftovers, store in a resealable plastic bag at room temperature. Your bread will remain at optimal freshness for 2-3 days.
Reheating: The air fryer is your best bet for reheating leftovers. Heat to 350 degrees and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
Freezing: Let the bread cool completely and pop it into a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Place frozen bread in the air fryer and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Use a butter knife or an offset spatula to spread the butter.
- Spread butter from edge to edge to cover the entire surface of the bread.
- If you don’t have fresh garlic, use a teaspoon of garlic powder instead.
- Air fryers vary greatly, so the cooking time can vary as well. Watch your first batch closely, so you know when it’s just crispy enough.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Crispy Southwest Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Fish Sticks
- Tender and Juicy Air Fryer Meatloaf
Texas Toast Garlic Bread
- 1/3 loaf of texas toast
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°.
- Combine the softened butter, garlic and parsley in a small bowl until fully combined.
- Spread the garlic butter mixture with a butter knife on each side of the 6 slices of bread.
- Once the air fryer is preheated, add the garlic bread to the air fryer basket. Bake for 3 minutes and then flip each slice and bake an additional 2 minutes. Repeat until all 6 slices have been toasted. (Air fryer times may vary)
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.