This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Easy Italian Pull Apart Bread is a simple side dish that everyone will love. Made with canned biscuits for super easy prep, this pull apart bread (aka monkey bread) is a delicious addition to any meal.
This style of pull apart bread is also known as a savory monkey bread, and its absolutely delicious and so easy to make. My simple shortcut makes this one of the most easy recipes you’ll ever make. It uses canned biscuits so all the work is done for you! The biscuits are cut up and rolled in a delicious herb buttery, then stuffed in a pan a baked.
Ingredients for Italian Pull Apart Bread
- Canned biscuits – make sure you get the homestyle biscuit style, not the flaky.
- Butter – real, butter, salted or not.
- Italian seasoning – if you don’t have this on hand, dried oregano and basil would be a good substitute.
- Red pepper flakes – just a little, and totally optional. But you’ll be surprised at the flavor it adds!
- Garlic powder – the powdered is easier to work with, but you could use fresh garlic for a bolder flavor.
- Fresh parsley – for color and zest.
- Cheese – Mozzarella and Parmesan. Freshly shredded is the best for both, but in a pinch even the green can grated parm will work.
- Marinara sauce for dipping – optional, but definitely suggested.
How to Make Pull Apart Bread
- Melt the butter and mix with all the herbs and other seasonings.
- Cut up the biscuits into 4 or 6 pieces. You can form them into rounded balls or leave them as is.
- Dip the biscuit dough into the butter and arrange in an 8 or 9-inch round cake pan. A loaf pan will also work but may require longer baking time. Sprinkle with cheese and fresh parsley.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes and let cool slightly before serving.
Recipe Tips, Storage and Freezing
Leftovers – Store in a resealable plastic bag in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave at 50% power.
Freezer – Wrap already baked and cooled loaves in a couple layers of plastic wrap, then place in a resealable plastic bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw completely, then heat up in the oven.
Need to double the recipe? It’s easy! You can double the recipe and bake in a 9×13-inch tray by increasing the cook time to 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees F.
More Bread recipes
- Homemade Bread Bowls
- Parmesan Rosemary Dinner Rolls
- How to Make Homemade Croutons
- Beer Bread Recipe
- Monkey Bread Muffins
Italian Pull-Apart Bread
- 16 ounce can of refrigerated biscuit dough (8 biscuits)
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce for serving
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 inch cake pan.
- Combine all seasoning ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Remove your biscuit dough from the packaging and separate each biscuit. Cut the biscuits into quarters. Dip each biscuit piece into the melted butter and then into the mixed seasoning. Add the dipped biscuits to your prepared cake pan.
- Once all biscuit pieces have been added, sprinkle the fresh parsley and shredded cheese across the biscuits. Place the pan in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until the biscuits are cooked through and a light golden brown. Serve immediately with a side of marinara sauce for dipping, enjoy!