This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Cherry Cheesecake Dip is a delicious and super easy no-bake dessert dip made with cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, cinnamon and cherry pie filling. Its best served with pretzels, cookies or graham crackers for dipping.
This easy cheesecake dip recipe is perfect for dessert buffets or as an unexpected after school snack.
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Cheesecake Dip Recipe
Cheesecake in my opinion needs fruit, so combining fruit pie filling with cheesecake dip is pretty much a no-brainer. You can use any kind of fruit filling, like blueberry, strawberry, peach or Caramel Apple.
This deliciously creamy and super easy Cheesecake Dip is the perfect dessert or party snack to satisfy your sweet tooth. It gives you all the flavors of a cherry cheesecake without any of the work and no one will know that it took only minutes to prepare!
Ingredients for Cheesecake Dip
- Cream Cheese – This is half of the dip base, so you want to use full fat, block style cream cheese that’s been allowed to soften on the counter for about an hour.
- Butter – Same thing with the butter. Use real butter (not margarine) and you can use regular salted butter. Unsalted is fine too, you just might want to add a pinch of salt to balance the sweet flavors of the dip.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – There are slight difference in the fat content of heavy whipping cream and regular heavy cream, but the two can be used interchangeably.
- Powdered Sugar – You could use granulated sugar in a pinch, but I prefer powdered sugar. Granulated melts easier and can cause your base to be thin and runny.
- Cherry Pie Filling – This is easy to find in the baking aisle of your grocery store. Any brand will do, or if you’re so inclined, you can make your own. If you can’t find cherry, you can use another type of chunky fruit filling.
- Flavorings – Vanilla extract, ground cinnamon and an optional pinch of salt.
- Dippers – Graham crackers, pretzels, vanilla wafers or other thin cookies.
How To Make It
Get a detailed list of ingredients & instructions in the recipe card below.
No Bake Cheesecake Dips are a perfect dessert for any season as they can be customized with just about any flavor you can think of. Topped with cherry pie filling is my current dessert obsession. The best part is you only need 6 ingredients to make this deliciousness happen!
- Beat the ingredients together until they are fluffy and creamy. You can add a pinch of salt to enhance the flavor (I actually recommend it). The cinnamon is a small enough amount that it will enhance the flavor without being overpowering and it blends with the cherry surprisingly well.
- Spread that creamy cheesecake filling onto a shallow platter or pie plate.
- You can then add your favorite topping. I said this was easy and I meant it…just pour the cherry pie filling and spread it out evenly over the cheesecake base. I like to leave about an inch around the edges so you can sweet the sweet cream cheesecake filling peeking out below the cherry pie filling.
This is a dessert dip, so something more on the sweet side is pretty much a requirement for dipping. Here’s what I like to use:
- Graham Crackers – like a cheesecake crust.
- Vanilla Wafers – Sweet, but not too sweet.
- Pretzels or Pretzel Crisps – I love the contrast of sweet and salty.
- Chocolate – Wafer cookies, Oreos or chocolate graham crackers.
- Baked pie crust pieces – Roll out pre-made pie crust dough, sprinkle with granulated sugar, slice, and bake!)
Make Ahead and Storage Tips
How to Prep Ahead: You can make this dip a few hours in advance. Just make the cheesecake base and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Then all you need to do for serving is quickly add the topping.
Storage: This dip is best enjoyed within 24 hours. If you have leftovers, cover tightly and chill and you can save for up to 2 days. Freezing is not recommended.
More Dessert Dips Recipes
- Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- Cannoli Dip
- Fluffernutter Dip
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
- Sugar Cookie Dough Dip
Equipment Used and Recommended
Clear Glass Pie Plate: For layered dips and desserts, a clear glass dish is a must so your guests can see all of the pretty layers and know what lies beneath.
Hand mixer – Helpful for beating the cream cheese, and also for shredding chicken. Love this brand because it’s got it’s own storage case to keep the beaters handy and the cord stowed away.
Silicone Spatula – Perfect for scraping the sides of the bowl and for spreading creamy dips.
Cherry Cheesecake Dip
- 8 ounce block cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons salted butter softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 20 ounce can cherry pie filling
- Graham crackers, pretzels or vanilla wafers for dipping
- Beat butter and cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl until fluffy. Beat in heavy cream, powdered sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and a pinch of salt until light and fluffy.
- Pour into a shallow dish, like a pie plate. Spread the cherry pie filling evenly over the top, leaving about an inch around the edges.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Serve chilled with graham crackers, pretzels, vanilla wafers or even baked pie crusts pieces!